LeBolde's Application

1. My name is Andrew, in-game name is LeBolde. I'm 27 and am in the EST. I've played Minecraft for over 9 years off and on, almost always with friends. I've also played in a few long term DND campaigns as both player and DM, where character and world building are required.

2. A little story - The Spawner, as told by LeBolde to a group of weary travelers

This is stupid I thought with a grimace. This is so stupid. I sat alone, grasping at the ragged fur around my neck, trying in vain to warm my hands. The sun was setting and the howls of the phantoms had begun, but still I sat there, alone. Where are they? It had been 9 hours since they first dropped into the cavern. It was Dun's fault really. If only he hadn't bragged about his find, if only he hadn't been so insufferable.

Suriell had promised the diamonds were here. Said he'd stashed them in some ruin he'd found deep inside the cave. There was another phantom howl and I knew I couldn't stay outside much longer. "Dammit" I muttered, and went in. They'd left a trail of torches which wound down into the gloom. I followed them deeper and deeper, past dark side tunnels and untouched veins of ore. The torches ended. I stopped.

Something shuffled behind me and I spun, fumbling to draw the old sword from the scabbard I carried. It was Suriell. "Where is everyone? What's going on?" I whispered. "We need need to leave." "What? Why? Did you get the diamonds? Suriell, where are the others?" His face looked ashen, even in the torchlight. He shook his head and made to leave. "Suriell. Suriell!" I placed a hand on his shoulder. "What happened?" That's when he told me. He told me of the chamber he'd hidden the diamonds in, of the strange object that had appeared in the middle. Of how the rotting men appeared out of nowhere and attacked without hesitation. They'd dragged down the lads we'd hired to help us and tore them to shreds. Suriell ran as the monsters ate. I could now hear shuffles from the darkness and hear wet moans growing more agitated by the moment. Now we both ran. We moved faster than I thought possible. Up and out of the cave heedless of the phantoms in the sky above. We ran all the way back to town.

So when night falls and the phantoms shriek, when the dark closes in and the cold clings to your bones, don't be tempted to stray from the road. Stay away, my friends, from those caverns which riddle the hills above Lamielle.

1. Examples of a few builds I've done. https://imgur.com/a/DxuPYs1 Hopefully this is all correct!

• Minister Duke

Hello! Here are some of the usual questions:
    What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What type of fantasy races are you most interested in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

I like your writing a whole lot, and your build pics are pretty good too!

• What is/are your favorite colors(s)? A hard one. It changes all the time, lol. It depends on the who/what/when/where/why. I suppose navy blue is one I've always liked, so I'll go with navy blue.

What type of fantasy races are you most interested in? Humans. I always play as humans. I'm boring like that. I suppose making my characters look like me is one way I connect to my characters. Aside from humans and specific to this world, the Selk seem pretty sweet.

Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server? I believe so, yes.

What's your favorite biome to build in? Coastal Extreme Hills. Snow is good too, or even desert. Plains are a classic. I can get down with anything, but extreme hills on the coast are my jam.

What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft? Spruce all day every day.

• What an awesome application! Your writing is great and your building style is very cool. Allow me to give you your first vote! (1/5)

• Duke

Take a vote 2/5

• Baron

And my vote (3/5)

• Minister Duke

You have mine, 4/5

• Baron

Very nice application! And I do appreciate the Lamielle shoutout 🙂

5/5

• Baron

We have a completed interview, and a new pal. Recruit him as a vassal today, nobles!

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 13.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want.

• Baron

alt text

Read more about Martoise on our wiki!

Note: Martoise requires use of the Excalibur resource pack.

• Duke

alt text

Thank you for your interest in Helios, the Dawn Lands." We are a realm who pride ourselves on vivid story telling and cohesive building. The framework of the Realm is such that stories can come from many avenues and a good story is far more important to me than building without purpose. Hopefully the brief information below, and the more detailed information on the Wiki will peak your interest and you will consider Helios in your search for a realm.

alt text

Background

Helios is a land shaped by the brutality of its surroundings, and the protection of the Gods. Helians are a strong and dependable people who are tempered by horrors that would break lesser peoples, and often does. The Six Gods of Helios shape every aspect of life for Helian people. Sol the chief, Wenna the Gddess of good and light, Lorna the Goddess of dark and secrets, Alkourie the God of war and violence, Omar the God Nature and death, Zayl the God of magic and knowledge.

Helios as a nation was fractured for generations, besieged on all fronts by monsters and violence. Only in the last century have they come together under one banner again. This unification has seen the lands of Helios prosper and grow as trade became safer and more resources could be shared for the common good. None of this could have been done if not for a group of monster slayers known as the Knights Valiant who are blessed by the gods to be holy warriors. If not for them the horrors of the wilds would still be endlessly ravaging the Helian populace. Even with the renewed strength of the Knight Valiant the wilds of Helios are filled with monsters and other horrors and only the strongest and most resourceful have survived through it all.

Expansion looms on the horizon as the Great Houses of Helios finally become fully connected. What form that expansion will come in is unknown, but like anything to do with the warrior Helians it will involve a fair share of violence.

Amenities

• Beacon Quarry
    • Communal Storage
    • Starting Package of basic tools and armor
    • Writing editing and advice

Your Place in it All

I have always felt that Helios is a framework to tell stories. The grim dark of the land can feed uplifting and terrifying tales. Helios is shaped by it's people, and as such character driven storytelling is something that is paramount. While the general application process has you create a character to plop into a realm, Helios implores you to make a native Helian to explore the world with, rather than an outsider who may supremely struggle with the foreign and brutal landscape. While this isn't required it is something that could help to more easily tell stories within the realm.

Builds. As important as the story telling. The land is sprawling and there are ample opportunities to build both small and large scale projects through out the land. Helios has several counties that each sport a unique, yet unified build style and culture. You can spend time in one or perhaps branch out to many. There is no set path in Helios and the goal is to get you invested in the realm either through builds or storytelling (ideally both) Those who stay with Helios in the long term are afforded large amounts of creative control over many projects both building and story so there is a fair amount of progression to be had.

Ultimately what mark you leave on the realm is yours to decide and I, and the other Helian's will be here to help you realize that mark.

Users

Topics