Disabling squid spawning at spawn.

• Baron

I am proposing to disable squid spawns at arcos so more will spawn at your realm. Because there is so much water at spawn squid take up the mob cap pretty fast, now this has made it hard to get ink sacks.
    If you think you don't care about this or are ageanst it, I don't think it will hinder anyone that doesn't want anything to do with it please let it pass for me since I've spend the last few weeks building a squid farm that only works when there is no water in the spawn chunks (I didn't know it wouldn't work).
    Let me know your thoughts please!

• Minister Duke

How would we go about disabling only squids in the spawn chunks?

• Baron

@bryson3842 Mimo thinks it can be done with plugins

• Count

Well, I'd like to know more about how this works be done.

That said, you're still going to have the same issue if anyone else is online. Most of us have built on the water and once we build the iron farm, that will also impact it, as we were planning to forceload those chunks, and are building it over water

• Baron

@Alric Squids when you're the only one online is better than none at all 😉

• Baron

Disabeling water life spawns in the spawnchunks will also give us a little bit less lag.

• Baron

If squids generate continuously at spawn because of the always-loaded chunk why don't you just hunt them there?

• Baron

@Mimo Because the amount of squids that spawns is low campared to the area, if you where to scale down the area the amount of squids stay the same and It's easyer to hunt them (or auto kill them) In that small area. Especially when you need a really high amount of ink.

• Baron

I will of caurse also gladly open the my squidfarm to everyone and place a netherportal there, I't just outside of my realm in a mesa biome really close to one of the 0 axis.

• Count

honestly, squids still spawn pretty often in my realm, around the various rivers and in my bay. Since I see them fairly often, and can kill them as much, I don't really want to mess with trying to prevent spawning in the spawn chunks.

As far as I know, this would require some separate mods like worldguard, which we had previously not decided against using (for other purposes, like mobs spawning in structures) due to its unreliability. I wasn't part of any of those discussions though, thats just what was told to me after the fact.

Users

Topics