Realmwide Benefits

• Baron

As stated in another post, we are looking for ideas for benefits that Vassals and Lieges could work towards together to benefit the realm they're both a part of.

FTP is definitely on the table, but can anyone else think of additional benefits in this vein?

• Baron

Just throwing out some ideas, many of which may be stupid but hopefully they’ll spark some discussion and/or inspire better ideas 🙂

• FTP
    • larger ship sizes
    • faster ships
    • nether teleportation
    • higher cap on nether portals? If we decide to cap nether portals at all
    • tangible items like mending books or good horses. This is a far-fetched idea.
    • ability to submit lore events
    • increased cap on NPC realms

• Baron

"higher cap on nether portals? If we decide to cap nether portals at all"

I'm gonna stop you right there. I don't see why we need to put an artificial restriction on the number of portals a realm can have. If someone wants to put in the work of building another tunnel and all that related stuff, they should be able to do it. I know that I'll just ignore such a restriction if we put it in place.

• Baron

Okay first of all I literally said I was spitting out random ideas, many of which might be dumb. They’re points to jump off of because this is the beginning of the discussion.

Second of all, are you really saying you would break a server rule if we voted to put it in place...?

• Baron

@beijimon said in Realmwide Benefits:

First let's keep on topic here and avoid making random assertions.

On the above:
    On items: You say far-fetched, but I honestly think these are the types of things that might work well in this capacity.
    Lore Events: I think this could also be a good idea. It hadn't even crossed my mind.

• Baron

I'm gonna have to say hard pass on capping nether portals as an idea. FTP is always a good idea. but not being able to have larger and/or faster boats without vassals is not a good idea. Also, the ability to submit lore events shouldn't be tied to having vassals to cooperate with. I can agree with a possible increase in the cap of NPC realms though.

What do you mean by nether teleportation though?

• Baron

@TiberiusAelvas none of this requires vassals. These are just things that vassals can contribute toward earning

• Baron

While I am not personally opposed to exploring more tangible benefits acquired by realm size, such things as access to mending books or good horses seems counterintuitive. Things that give such a notable, clear advantage in spacing and speeding along productivity shouldn’t be gated behind realm rank or size. The whole point is that these are accessible from the get-go for anyone willing to contribute their resources, because it allows that much more work to be done. Having, say, a Viscount be barred from things that could make their builds be constructed more efficiently, completed more quickly, just seems wrong. If they are putting in the work, who are we to restrict their ability to perform it with tools that can’t be repaired? That just seems like an arbitrary handicap, one that I feel is more akin to bullying smaller realms or players rather than rewarding bigger realms or players.

• Baron

@Arkogh you've misunderstood what my suggestion was at least.
    I wouldn't want to gate things. It was more like 'once you get duchy here is a set of perfect tools' or similar

• Baron

@beijimon said in Realmwide Benefits:

Just throwing out some ideas, many of which may be stupid but hopefully they’ll spark some discussion and/or inspire better ideas 🙂

First off, thank you for your suggestions. 🙂 I understand these are just machine gun ideas.

• FTP
      Pretty much locked in on this one.
    • larger ship sizes
      Considering this was an unwritten rule on the last server, I could honestly see this as a possibility. Most realms tend to plan for small/medium/large ships to begin with.
    • faster ships
      Hard to quantify without a standardized travel time, but if we ever make that this could work maybe.
    • nether teleportation
      I believe this idea was scrapped already.
    • higher cap on nether portals? If we decide to cap nether portals at all
      Community consensus seems to be against this, but it was a stretch anyway.
      Could work really. HEY WAIT. Remember how the Aldemeria Games 1st place was an Axe that was otherwise unobtainable in Survival? We could do a similar think with realm ranks. Special tools&armor awarded to realms for reaching the rank. @Aron
      I like this idea alot. Kinda adds to the "Lore Power" we all think high ranked realms should have. There would need to be limits though, of course.
    • increased cap on NPC realms
      This could work well also. I like this one.

• Baron

what about just inscreases in how much land a realm can claim at once, with the lore events thing and FTP

• Baron

@Aevirath I don't think 'land at once' is a good thing because it's easily circumvented by quicker smaller claims.

• Esquire

I'd say an absolute must would be more FTPs. Being able to submit lore events could be cool, but it would definitely have to be regulated so nothing too crazy gets done.

The tangible items idea could be good, but I do have issues with it. If we give everyone in a realm, for example, a couple mending books, then what about new vassals after that point? You'll either have to give the realm more stuff after the vassal joins or the vassal gets cucked over. Now maybe I'm just being too nitpicky and that'll be an easy thing to do, but it just doesn't sit right with me. I'd say that if we give out items it should only be stuff that can be used to benefit the whole realm, like good horses that can be bred for more good horses or maybe even a mob spawner for a mob grinder.

• Baron

@Aonixia

I don't think it'd be huge problem to just not give out the previously awarded Tangible Items to new vassals. Afterall, they didnt help achieve it at all.

The Tanigble awards should increase more and more with each rank, so that new vassal would have something exciting to look forward to and want to help the realm achieve

• Baron

@beijimon I just don't want rules that put arbitrary limits on what and how we can build. Restricting the # of the nether portals in a realm would do that. If we put in that specific rule, yes I would break it. Its an arbitrary restriction that doesn't make sense even from a lore perspective.

• Baron

Perhaps some rare blocks? Like a stack of shulker boxes for a rank, or perhaps the creation of an end portal for easy access in the place of their choosing, maybe a mob spawner. Erm... Hmm. I don't know how viable these are.

• Non-Participating Baron

@Iokastos That's a pretty good idea in my opinion

• Baron

@Iokastos I like the end portal idea

• Baron

@Iokastos

The End Portal idea is interesting for sure. I'll add it to the possibilities list.

• Baron

@Mimo Well all I can say then is I hope you consider ascension requirements less "arbitrary" than you do this hypothetical rule.

Users

Topics