New Member Application: Sphinxy

• Commoner

Hello people of Candarion! My name is Sphinxy and I'm a 16-Year-Old Male from the US. I spend my time either doing Homework, playing soccer, or videogames. I've been playing Minecraft since 2014, but have never really been on a worldbuilding server. I was, for a time, involved with a political simulation and worldbuilding server called Civclassics, but I was only riding on the coattails of my other nation members for that experience. I've never owned a server, but I do "run" a very-early Worldbuilding Discord Server similar to EU4, but in Discord. I don't know if Discord Links are allowed, but here it is for proof https://discord.gg/72D5hSx.

My Character: Wilam was once a renowned pickpocket and thief, living in squalor when not under the employ of one of the various crime lords in his city. When the city he knew home was brought under siege, he left; When he had finally reached the surrounding wildlands, the only remainder of his old life was a pile of ash. Now wanting to find a life that's more stable than simple thievery, Wilam has left in search of a liege to serve. Eventually, Wilam wants to settle down with a family, living a peaceful life of solitude. For the time being, however, he trained in sword fighting while continuing his craft of thievery to survive. The sense of companionship Wilam feels is immense, but his companions number few. For most of his life, he lived with no allies; He was forced to fend for himself from a very young age. The only relationship he had ever developed was with a Crime Lord he worked for; That man was the first person to provide for Wilam's needs besides himself. From him, Wilam learned a sense of loyalty and devotion, which has carried over to whomever he has decided to serve.

Heres a picture of a small manor I built; It didn't take very long, so if you want something large/ and or different feel free to ask.

alt text

• Baron

Hello there Wilam, I just have a few questions I want to ask you. Different lieges might take an interest in your responses.

What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What race do you like to roleplay/world build in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What fantasy world would you say you are most inspired by?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

P.S I would add more build pictures as you go, the more and more you add, the more lieges will take interest in your application.

• Minister Duke

Hello Sphinxy! I like the writing, and that house isn't too shabby either. (there were questions here but loric posted literally seconds before i did with the some of the same questions)

• Baron

This post is deleted!

• Commoner

@bryson3842 @Loric

My Favorite color/s are definitely brown, gray, black, and dark blue. I usually will supplement them with a few bright colors in moderation.
    I am willing to roleplay as any humanoid race, but in the past I've almost always been human. I've definitely envisioned Wilam more as a human, but that doesn't mean it has to end up that way.
    Yes
    For most of my worldbuilding fantasy projects, I definetly take inspiration from World of Warcraft, LotR, Game of Thrones( for the political aspects), and even a little MtG and Sanderson sprinkled in.
    My favorite Biome(s) are Taiga and desert/mesa.
    My favorite type of wood is by far Dark Oak.
    I also thought it might be worth mentioning that I also use Wonderdraft, which I've noticed a lot of others use.

• Minister Duke

Can we get a few more pictures? Doesn't have to be a new build, just some different angles and the interior

• Baron

Alright, thanks for answering my questions.

I think I would like to see more builds before I would feel comfortable voting on your application if that's fine by you.

Other than that I think your lore is great.

• Commoner

@bryson3842 Heres a few more of that particular build. the Inside has yet to be furnished, although I can certainly do that.

alt text
    alt text

• Commoner

@Loric
    Ok, I will work on getting you more builds. If more lore is needed, I also have a world anvil acct with a bit more content, although it isnt specific to Wilam

• Baron

@Sphinxy I would like to see the interior decorated also. People on this server love a person who can do interiors well 🙂

• Commoner

Here is a hotel I was the Chief Builder for
    alt text
    alt text
    There's part of the manor interiorized. Still much more open space then i usually would employ, since most of my builds are function > aesthetic.

• Baron

Well that's fine, I guess it'll take adjusting building things that are for visuals then Haha. Well, I can't comment for other lieges but I'm satisfied with this. I'll get the ball rolling, you have my vote. 1/5 votes acquired

• Minister Duke

There are things to be worked on, but the same could be said for everything I do, and thus you get my vote as well 2/5

• Baron

Greetings Wilam!

I'm satisfied with what I've seen and read so far. I grant you my vote, giving you 3/5

Good luck obtaining the rest

• Baron

I gladly grant you your fourth vote! 4/5

• Baron

Ill toss my vote in, 5/5.

• Baron

Hello Sphinxy, you have achieved all 5 votes required, all that's left is for you to do a voice interview and get approved by the Minister of Applications. Let us know what time you're available for the interview 🙂 .

• Baron

alt text

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

• Baron

I'd like to invite you to join the Koh!

The Koh is a society of humans built around the water- vast canals slice through the landscape connecting settlements and the people have a strong connection with nature- I can give you a tour or you can message me in Discord if you have any questions!

Users

Topics