PSIness11's Application

1. Hey, I'm PSIness11. I'm 19. I'm currently a college student on the east coast and I'm honestly tired of playing single player or looking for servers, and I want to join an SMP that just has something really good to keep me coming back. I have a good about of experience with Minecraft and building stuff, and I love creative writing so I can make lore pretty easy. I do prefer the survival and advancement side, but I'm always down to build cool stuff.

2. Lore writing skills:

"There are the ones in this world that are content with their situation, not ever wanting anything more than they have. There are the ones that desire more power and will lie, cheat, and steal to get any amount of it. Those are the broken ones, and Valen was far from broken. He wasn't content, nor did he desire for power over others. He desired, something different. A safe haven, an escape from his past. And he was willing to build it with his own two hands if he had to. And thus, Helmhold came to be."

1. Screenshots of my best build.

https://imgur.com/a/MLceidY

• Baron

Hello there PSIness, I just have a few questions I want to ask you. Different lieges might take an interest in your responses.

What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What race do you like to roleplay/world build in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What fantasy world would you say you are most inspired by?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

P.S I would add more lore as you go, the more and more you add, the more lieges will take interest in your application.

• @Loric

In order

Red/Black/Brown/White

Elves/Humans

A general understanding yes.

Dungeons and Dragons

Mountain/Jungle

Spruce.

• Baron

Also, if you have anymore builds that you would be willing to post that would be great! I feel the lore might need to have more substance in it before I feel comfortable voting.

• Minister Duke

@PSIness11 Which setting of DnD? There are quite a few of us that play on this server so it would be cool to know.

• Continued Lore:

"Helmhold wasn't a settlement that one could describe as 'comfortable'. Situated in the shadow of a mountain, being constantly pestered from the cold winds of the north, and the monsters from the south. It was hard living, but they were finally free. Free from their masters, and free from the rules of the world of man. That didn't mean it wasn't hard, no life had gotten harder for the residents in some aspects. Every day was dedicated to bringing themselves further, constantly advancing, improving, and learning. It may have sounded Utopian, but it was far from society at best. But they were free, and that's all that mattered in Helmhold."

• Baron

Alright, I'm confident that you have sufficient lore and builds. I'll start it off, you have 1/5 votes needed. After all votes are acquired, you'll need to do a voice interview then get approval from an application minister/deputy.

• Minister Duke

I will give you another. 2/5

• @bryson3842 Pretty much the setting of the game "Mines of Phandelver" and the greater DND lore in general.

• Baron

Love the feel of the builds! You have my vote 3/5

• Baron

I'll vote Yes. 4/5

• Count

I will give your your 5th vote now so seppy can catch your interview before he goes to bed. Good luck going forward.

• Baron

I vote in favor.

• Count

So I have a few questions around what the perfect realm would be for you.

Do you want to build in a typically European medieval fashion with market towns and castles, or another architectural style like Asian, Roman, Aztec, etc?

What kind of concepts do you want to explore in your lore?
    Do you want magic to be rare and mysterious, or more common and a part of life and warfare.

Do you want to write about a realm with a strong centralized religion, or little or no religion.

Are you interested in writing about multiple noble houses and political intrigue in your area of the realm, or focus on a single character?

In lore (not the player ranks) do you want your character(s) to follow the heroes journey, coming from nothing and becoming influential, or focus more on general worldbuilding (creating a faction out of a knightly order, or a cult within a religion, making a town and the noble who owns it)

If these sparked any other ideas of concepts you would like to explore, let us know, and we can hopefully find you a realm with similar goals.

• Baron

Following a satisfactory interview, I am pleased to grant Ministerial Approval to this application

Liege offers may now commence. Please allow ample time for any interested lieges to make their offers. Be sure to ask any questions you may have while you decide.

Congratulations on making this far. I wish you good luck in your choice of liege

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 12.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want.

• Character/Lore
    Name: Valen Deforest

Race: Half-Elf (Elf/Human)

Backstory (Short ATM)

"Even Elves have desires, stuck up cunts still need to have fun." -Valen

Valen was born to Elven Royalty, and subsequently thrown out of it Immediately before he could ever meet his mother. He found out later that he was the product of an affair between a human blacksmith and a Wood Elven Princess. Turns out, his dad's pull out game wasn't as good as he thought it was, and the Princess was with child after a single night. The thought of bearing a child with human blood was Heracy to the elven royalty, as the Princess had the child in secret and shoved it off to Valens father the second she could.

Valen's dad worked as a blacksmith in a dwarven forge and often had to work extra hours to make do for the both of them. As a half-elven kid in a dwarven settlement, Valen quickly had to prove himself worthy to hang out with the other kids. He had gotten an interest in forging from his father and had innate magical powers from his mother's side. He decided to combine these interests and abilities as he got older, being able to craft magic weapons and armor with ease. Despite the dwarves not liking him too much, they were still impressed with what Valen could do and accepted him as a member of their society. Valen is currently working on his own, separate from his dad. He wants to find his own way in the world and doesn't care what he has to do to make that happen.

• Baron

Ness I'd like to invite you to join Koh

Koh is an east-meets-west sort of place in a lush terrain that offers plenty of opportunity for a variety of mercantile types to make a living

You can view some of my builds here https://imgur.com/a/ZzmjqWK

I also have some entries in the Realms section of the forums and on the wiki if you're curious 😃

• Baron

Join Haven!
    We have a sawmill and not much else. Plenty of room to grow.
    Message me on Discord if you have questions!

• @Alric

Answering your questions in order.

I'm pretty much ok with building in any format, but I prefer Fancy Europian, Asian, and Frontier style building. Also I always prefer fantasy over modern.

I want to explore societal happenings and fantasy aspects in my lore. (Races, Magic, how that dynamic works)

I like magic being a part of everyday life but am not opposed to it being a mysterious, powerful, and unknown force.

I really don't have opinions on religion, but I am ok with it being in a setting. It just wouldn't be the main focus of my lore.

I would prefer to focus on a single character and how they interact, but I feel like the political stuff would be fun to have that character go through. (Lore-wise that is)

In lore, I would like my character to go through all the motions of a Hero's journey, but not necessarily BE the hero. I'd like to world build WITH the character if that makes sense.

And you know DAMN well I'm always down for cult shit.

Users

Topics