Obrexian Land Claim 2 [Retracted]

• Minister Duke

alt text

I would like to claim the land in Blue so that my new vassal has a place where they can do their own thing.

This is for the building of a town center and hamlets, with the possibility of needing new land to reach baron.

This is a slightly larger claim than before and it is not connected just yet, I expect my new vassal will be able to achieve Baron here.

• Baron

I would like a more accurately drawn map of your claims, your drawings would make it difficult to translate onto the world map if you make it this sloppy.

• Minister Duke

@Loric I will try, mouse has been refusing to cooperate these past few days. Will have a clearer outline by this weekend.

• Baron

To add, I believe that this claim is rather large for a vassal and has no lore to really support the annexation of land like this. I believe a vassal does not require this much land in order to reach the noble rank of baron.

• Baron

I think the land claim is an appropriate size, but I don't like it being disconnected from your initial claim. Also, as Loric said it needs a more accurately drawn map, land claims are important enough to have more than a scribble for a map.

• Minister Duke

@Kyrin Claims can be connected by bodies of water at a certain distance, and as I said, a more accurate map is coming as soon as I don't have to use a semifunctional mouse

• Baron

I don't mind the size itself if it was supported by lore. But if you're claiming this chunk of land just for a vassal than I just don't feel comfortable with this.

• Count

I think the combination of the sheer amount of undeveloped land you already have, the fact that you just made a land claim, and the fact that this claim isn't touching your realm and has no lore basis for that fact, means I will have to vote no on this.

• Baron

I second Alric, I vote no.

If you can develop the lands that you already own with more builds than I would feel more content. I would also like a lore explanation why you're annexing land that's not even connected to your current realm.

• Minister Duke

@Alric As stated in the charter the land does not have to be directly touching already established claims, and both claims have been for new personages joining the server. I am not claiming more land just to have it, but rather for people to be able to work it themselves. The undeveloped land has plans already laid and lore already written, that I am working to catch up to date in game. I have been scouting the spruce forest north of Hawks landing for over a week and have been working on what I want to put there. I am currently still in finals week and have not been on as much as I would have liked. My newest vassal said he liked the look of this piece and it is only slightly larger than the last claim.

• Minister Duke

@Loric I don't think it is stated that lore must come before the claim, but I am claiming it because that is where he would like to work, which in my opinion is the best way to retain players, by providing them with a space where they can do their own stuff. The lore will come soon, but I am claiming it more for the protection of it than anything else.

• Minister Duke

Land claim retracted for now

• Count

while it does not have to be directly touching, I don't like the idea of skipping around just to grab certain biomes. Why arent you just expanding east into the forest?
    Either way, I don't think you need more land. I think that if you are taking a vassal, and you have 2 large areas without projects actually started, they should be placed in those places rather than continuously expanding. If you want to just save those areas for yourself, that is something you should consider when looking at applications.

Another thing to consider is that while I hope they do stick around, vassals do have a higher rate of going inactive. Making a land claim for every vassal is not how i would like to see the system used, as that could just create a massive realm with barely any builds.
    I'm fairly set on this, so I will call for a vote Monday.
    Edit: land claim retracted while I was typing

• Baron

@Alric I agree with Alric on all points, land claims like this set up a bad precedent.

I then in the future can use the reasoning to claim land that's not even justified or backed by anything, and if I get rejected, I can then refer to this case of a land claim and spew unfair treatment.

Users

Topics