Member Application: Savus "Wild Eyes" Oculus

• Hello members of the realm.
    My name is Frank, I am here applying as Savus Oculus.
    I'm looking for a stable world to casually build, adventure,
    explore, see what the realm has to offer, and perhaps contribute to the lore.
    I'm currently living in the US/east coast in New Jersey.
    I speak fluent English and Spanish(writing not so much).

About Savus Oculus...
    I would say his alignment is chaotic good.
    He believes in protecting those who can not protect
    themselves by any means necessary.
    Justice is be destroying those who wish to bring injustice and harm
    to those who live a life of peace.
    He has his demons, he has little patience for law but understands
    to live in a society, to be human, is to not behave in savage ways.
    Savus enjoys the solitude of the forests and living among the peaceful
    wildlife.
    The colors he favors are those that reflect nature, browns, greens, greys, dark blues, etc.

Savus Oculus' Origin Story.

Living on a quiet modest farmstead with his parents, Savus lived for adventure.
    As a young boy, Savus 'Wild Eyes' Oculus would take off into the forest to run with the wilderness.
    He adored listening to the wildlife, helping injured birds, and running with the deer.
    He was even bold enough to leave some fish for the local bear cubs when their mother was injured by the town hunters.
    Climbing high into the trees it'd be a daily chore for his mother to get him home for supper.
    His father, part time caring for the farm, while mostly out on trips collecting supplies for his family.
    Savus' father encouraged his love for adventure, and pursuit in caring for the natural order of things.
    He would teach Savus about which herbs to use and how they should be prepared for various situations.
    Not every outing was a beautiful and lovely journey.
    At times his father came home with gastly injuries, and stories of demons, walking dead, and savagery that lurk in the darkness.
    His mother would go pale with stress when Savus would venture out on his own.
    Savus didn't enjoy when his father forced him to sit and watch his mother tend to his fathers wounds.
    He believed it be a lesson in survival, to show him that as a rose, beauty can have it's thorns.
    One memory Savus would never forget, the arrows his mother pulled from his fathers back.
    The screams of agony as she had to snap the arrow heads off, and gently slide the shaft out.
    His mother always had a blank, emotionless expression.
    He knew deep down it hurt her immensely to see her love in such pain; but expressed tender love to his injuries.
    As the years rolled by the danger lurked ever closer to their home.
    Restrictions were placed on Savus, as venturing too far from home could mean running into deaths arms.
    On one stormy night, a night Savus will never forget, he heard the sheep outside rustling about.
    In bed, Savus was jolted awake when he heard the cows what sounded like ramming against the fences.
    Savus sleepily climbing up to his window to see what the commotion was about, what he saw ran chills down his spine.
    A wall of blood red eyes bobbing in the darkness, surrounding the animals.
    As Savus gasped in horror, the wall of eyes locked in his direction.
    Bones creeking as the heads began to turn toward the gasp.
    Then suddenly a demons screech pierced through the air like a knife.
    THUNK
    An arrow hit the window sill.
    THUNK THUNK
    Two more arrows, one grazing Savus' shoulder.
    Suddenly a barrage of arrows begin to strike the small cabin.
    Savus runs toward his bedroom door, his parents in a rush meeting him at the door.
    As if a plan in motion, Savus' mother takes his arm and they rush toward the back door.
    A quick group hug, husband kissing wife for what feels like farewell.
    Savus' father says to his wife and son, "I love you both, now RUN!"
    His father grabbing a shield and his sword turns toward the door.
    "Ok you demon scum FACE ME!", Rushing towards the door, raising his shield he crashes through, wood and bone splintering outwards toward the wall of screeching demons.
    Tearfully, mother and son rush off into the embrace of darkness.
    Savus running as fast as he can, he heards a thud, and a crash.
    He skids to a halt, as he turns his head to look back at his mother, he sees his mother tripping over what seemed like pure darkness; until he saw those evil eyes.
    Ptssss
    Savus' mother screams "Baby RRUU--", BOOOOOM.
    The explosion knocks Savus backwards, slamming his back into the ground making him slide back several feet.
    Mind numbing ringing fills his ears, as he feels pieces of earth, flesh, and bone rain all around him.
    He slowly staggers to his feet.
    THUNK
    An arrow lands just mere inches from his feet.
    Savus stumbles to his feet, wobbling side to side on the trail.
    Filled with sorrow his eyes well up with grief, until he remembered his fathers words to be brave.
    Then sorrow melted away, and rage filled his veins.
    Adrenaline kicked in as he snapped the weariness away and began running, kicking dirt behind him as arrows rain from the darkness.
    Running harder, he recites to himself 'pain is only temprary', and pushes himself to hit limits.
    He vowed to himself he will have his vengeance, he will avenge his family.
    Demons have no place among the living, almong humankind.
    He vowed, to kill them all...

Some very basic build examples
    The cabin was created quickly in creative mode for the application, 30 minutes tops.
    The rest are screenshots I found of when my love and I started playing minecraft for the first time together.
    I made her the hearts, the village in one picture is a small corner of what we built together.
    The one inside is of an underground temple we made of one room.

If there is anything I left out, please let me know.
    Thank you.

• Baron

Hello there Savus, I just have a few questions I want to ask you. Different lieges might take an interest in your responses.

What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What race do you like to roleplay/world build in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What fantasy world would you say you are most inspired by?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

• Hello Loric,

My favorite colors would be the darker shades of green, brown, grey, and blue; orange isn't bad either.

What race, I prefer human, maybe wood elf.

I do, I begin as a vassal and work under the rule of a lord, king, queen, baron, baroness.
    In time I will be granted privileges and freedoms upon my shown loyalty to my lord and his/her lands.

I enjoyed reading The Sword of Truth series, the world building was amazing.
    Richard wouldn't be far from Savus, with the exception Richard is far more on the lawful good scale than Savus is.
    Game of Thrones as well is pretty amazing, sadly I have yet to read the books.
    Lord of the Rings is pretty solid, I've yet to read the books as well.
    I recently saw a movie called The Head Hunter, that world looked pretty interesting.
    Solomon Kane, that movie was great as well.

I enjoy building in the dense forest biomes, not the pine tree one.

I like oak and dark wood.

• Baron

Great, well I think providing a couple of more builds on your application wouldn't hurt. Though I am satisfied with your application. You have my vote. 1/5 votes acquired.

• Baron

I look forward to hearing about Savus' adventures around Candarion. You have my vote, 2/5.

• I went into my server and found my old 1.12 server.
    These are the screenshots I could take, sadly some textures are broken, or a bit off.
    I will try to reinstall the docker for MinecraftOS and see if I can load it up.
    I seem to still have the plugins, so maybe I can just teleport around.
    I'd really love to show the temple I built that goes underground quite a ways, with a large pool, and several shrines.
    Also my loves NPC village she expanded on for several days.
    It expands out pretty far into the desert, with golems as guards, and upgraded homes, lamps, roads; it was beautiful work.
    Here are a few shots of the castle we built.

https://imgur.com/a/5pcn1iC

The one shot of the quartz platform, that M and S is for MockTurtle and SavusOculus. 🙂
    It's too bad the textures were all messed up, she spent a lot of time on one of the large windows using a similar art design.
    She tried to make the S into a snake, while the M as wings, it looked pretty badass. 🙂

• Minister Duke

You have my vote! 3/5

• Baron

and mine. 4/5

• Non-Participating Baron

I’ll throw you my vote, which puts you at 5/5.

• Baron

After a satisfactory Voice Interview, I am pleased to grant Ministerial Approval to Savus' application.

Congratulations on passing the application stage. The next step will see potential lieges make you offers of vassalage in their realm.

Take the time you need to decide and please ask any questions you might have to the prospective lieges.

• Baron

alt text

WANT TO BE APART OF A SPANISH MEDIEVAL REALM? JOIN AÑORA! (Terrain mostly consist of Extreme Hills).

• Baron

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 12.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want.

• Baron

Savus, I'd like to welcome you to join Koh. https://imgur.com/a/ZzmjqWK

Koh has a sort of Venice-Atlantis-Levantine thing going on that might be a bit different but I think we could make some interesting collabs for other culture groups in the riverlands.

I'm in US Central Time so I'll be available to work with you on lore and projects. I also have another vassal who I'm sure is eager to help you.

Feel free to pm or spam me in Discord if you have questions

Users

Topics