Bjornar's Application

• Commoner

Character Section
    Greetings. I am Bjornar Grafeldr. I come from the land of dense pine forests and cold water known to my people as the Great Forest. Here, nature eclipses the number of men. Like my ancestors before me, I am a fur trapper and hunter. Navigating and tracking through the woods comes naturally to me, as those skills are invaluable when hunting bear and other animals.
    The secluded forest is home to me, but trading furs and meat has taught me the difference between good deals and bad.
    Over the cycles, bear and elk have become increasingly rarer and rarer. Slain, either by my blade or others. Their dens remain empty and the great herds of elk have dwindled down to groups of only four or five. The fur trade has nearly collapsed due to those issues. Forced to find new opportunities, and perhaps blinded by wanderlust, I seek the realms of Candarion as a new home.

Personal Section
    Hello! My name is Paul. I'm 18 and live in the US (CST). Currently my Minecraft username is Reauxdal.
    I've been playing minecraft since 2012 and the days of 1.1. I've played on many servers, typically either factions or pure survival.
    I've been super into world building and lore since playing Fallout 3 and TESIV: Oblivion years ago. I've dived headfirst down into the rabbit-sized sinkhole of the Elder Scrolls lore and have studied the absolutely insane metaphysical-aspects of it. I've played DnD for around five years now. As a player and a DM. I've played WoW for around the same time. I have even drawn various maps in recent years, both real and fiction and created various universes.

Builds
    Here's an example of what I like to build: https://imgur.com/a/tuuhoah
    I typically build for function, but I like to keep a "realistic" aesthetic. I'm not a master builder by any means, but I can recognize themes of architecture and I am able to conform to them.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application! I hope you consider leaving a vote. Please ask ANY and ALL questions you may have, be they about Bjornar or me personally. 🙂

• Minister Duke

Here are some questions usually asked:
    What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What race do you like to roleplay/world build in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What fantasy world would you say you are most inspired by?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

And I would also suggest maybe a few more build pictures, but aside from that it is all looking great.

• Commoner

What is/are your favorite colors(s)?

My favorite color is prussian blue. I typically like darker, smoother colors.

What race do you like to roleplay/world build in?

I tend to roleplay humans, as I feel like I can develop the individual character more effectively without having to worry about the limitations of a specific species/race.

Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?

Yes I do. The FAQ and Charter are very easy to understand and are wonderful resources.

What fantasy world would you say you are most inspired by?

I would have to say the Elder Scrolls. I take a lot of inspiration from Tolkien and prior-historical knowledge.

What's your favorite biome to build in?

Plains for the most part. It's the easiest to develop and it fits most themes.

What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

Dark oak. The dark colors are great at bringing out detail if used well with lighter shades of wood.

• Minister Duke

Thanks for answering those questions, I will give you your first vote! 1/5

• Commoner

Here's another build: a roundhouse.
    https://imgur.com/a/AbEDGda

• Count

I see you're in the cst timezone. What times do you think you will be online most often? (Both weekdays, and weekend times)

Are you willing to change your lore to fit a specific realm, and if so, to what extent?

Do you want to stay in a realm as a vassal long term, or only until you reach the rank of baron, when you can found your own realm?

Have you read and understood how ranks, vassalage, and progression works? Do you have any questions for us on this?

How interested in and how familiar are you with medieval history on its own, rather than through the lens of a fantasy world like elder scrolls or game of thrones?

How interested are you in incorporating magic into your lore? Would you prefer magic as something rare, perhaps nonexistent, or a common thing part of everyday life?

I'd also like to see a few more build pictures, but it's not required. Specifically, I'd like to see how you would build a house structure, and how you would decorate the interior.

You posted this while I was replying. More pics always help, but I'm satisfied.

• Baron

If you don't mind, I would like to see some sort of other build. Possibly like a medieval tavern? It doesn't need to be strictly one but, meh, surprise me!

• Commoner

I see you're in the cst timezone. What times do you think you will be online most often? (Both weekdays, and weekend times)

Typically during the day on weekdays and nights on weekends.

Are you willing to change your lore to fit a specific realm, and if so, to what extent?

Absolutely! The main foundation of my character is that he came from a heavily forested region and is a hunter. I'd love to have that fit more specifically into the lore.

Do you want to stay in a realm as a vassal long term, or only until you reach the rank of baron, when you can found your own realm?

More than likely as a vassal. I want to be a part of the "system".

Have you read and understood how ranks, vassalage, and progression works? Do you have any questions for us on this?

Yes! I love the system you guys have come up with.

How interested in and how familiar are you with medieval history on its own, rather than through the lens of a fantasy world like elder scrolls or game of thrones?

I am a huge history buff. While I have read and studied more about the Victorian and modern era, I still love medieval history.

How interested are you in incorporating magic into your lore? Would you prefer magic as something rare, perhaps nonexistent, or a common thing part of everyday life?

Nonexistent for this character. In general I tend to stay away from magic for my character, as it doesn't really interest me all that much. However some nontraditional magic alternatives (e.g. dragon shouts from the Elder Scrolls) are very interesting and I enjoy incorporating them when appropriate.

• Count

I'm satisfied. You have my vote.
    2/5

• Commoner

Once more another build. This time a Nordic tavern called the Dragon Rose Inn. I've never built a tavern before, but I did my damndest. Here it is: https://imgur.com/a/KT47A2w

• Baron

You got my vote! 3/5.

• Baron

4/5
    goobleblobble

• Baron

5/5

(thislineistoreachthecharacterminimum)

• Commoner

Thank you all for the votes! I'm super excited to join!

• Baron

Following a satisfactory voice interview I am pleased to approve Bjornar's application.

Congratulations! Realm leaders will now make you offers of vassalage.

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

• Baron

INVITATION TO JOIN ANAETYR

Hi, welcome to my presentation. I know you have alot of options for realms, so thank you for taking the time to consider mine.

What can I say about Anaetyr,

Well, we've got:

-High Elves
    -A boat
    -A big ol warehouse
    -Too much stone
    -A cool temple/portal island
    -Lots of plans
    -Neato magic
    -This picture

yes this one

we've also got

-nearly nightly invasions of undead from across the sea of mists, from the mega taiga known as Elat'mun (Which i plan to claim at some point)

other bonuses: Im the Fishlord, and I can grant you iguanas. All members of Anaetyr get a starter pack of 15 iguanas.

I hope to see you around soon, and take your time choosing a realm. Even if its not mine (but choose mine)

• Baron

alt text

WANT TO BE APART OF A SPANISH MEDIEVAL REALM? JOIN AÑORA! (Terrain mostly consist of Extreme Hills).

• Count

I would like to formally invite you to join the realm of Ornthas.

Ornthas is a feudal realm on the southern sea of Candarion. Magic is common to the people of Ornthas, a realm that is ruled by seven immortal spirits known as the Nemertingi. Once mortal wizards, the Nemertingi used powerful magics to save the people of Ornthas from a cataclysm, changing the very nature of their souls in the process.

After a millennia of rule, the Nemertingi are now worshipped as divine beings by the people of Ornthas.

Our lore is kind of unique, where you will be given control of one of the Nemertingi along with the lands they control. (These lands are currently undeveloped on the server) This Nemertingi can be your character, or just an Npc you control as well.

For biomes, I currently have plains, sunflower plains, oak forest, birch forest and extreme hills. I have plans to expand into some taiga as well.

For realm benefits I have a small trade hall and underground farms with farmers in the capital, so you can easily farm emeralds.
    A beacon mine with speed buff.
    I currently meet the requirements for an international fast Travel point, I'm just waiting for someone else to meet the requirements so I have somewhere to connect to.

If you have any questions about Ornthas feel free to PM me on discord or ask here.
    I work until 11pm est weekdays, but I'm available on mobile most evenings.

And here are some of my better builds in Ornthas.

• Baron

@Reauxdal I'd like to invite you to join Koh, a realm of trading villages nestled in a canal riddled rainforest- I'd love to give you a tour ingame! I can also send you a link to some pics in discord if you want!

Users

Topics