Samfries_Taranoc's Application

• Commoner

Hi! I'm Sam (Age 16), and I'm a relatively experienced Minecraft builder who loves to worldbuild! I hail from the West of England (GMT/BST) and my hobbies include playing and composing music, programming, reading, video games (of course), and worldbuilding( especially Conlanging - see an example below.). My MC in-game name is "Samfries_Taranoc", and my style of worldbuilding is inspired by Tolkien, Dunsany, and Asimov, especially focusing on the cultures and politics of my world.

<lore>
    Īlēfoheko Candarion! Lūme ītu āʻite <Tara Sāmi> lume lēme ītu āʻite <Sām>!

Hello Candarion! I'm called "Tara Sāmi" but you can call me Sam! I come from the Kēnei Archipelago, looking to find a job in new realms to the west of my homeland. I journeyed to this land looking for a place to settle down, without the Clans or the endemic segregation of my homeland, where all immigrants are relegated to slums and menial labour. Though my position, as a native, was a privileged one, my eyes were opened to the disgusting nature of the ideology espoused on those crowded shores, and I resolved that I should escape that prison of gleaming spires which I had been raised in, the Citadel of Kēnei.

Under the pretence of a mission to research the languages of foreign lands for my Alma Mater, The Kēnei Language Institute, I set sail Nine moons ago, and don't intend to return. I'm looking for a place to live peacefully and equally with all, and to be able to continue these "studies" that I may not be hunted down.
    </lore>

Click here to find some examples of my builds
    (All made in creative, and using a modified Dokucraft Resource Pack)
    (My best survival build was deleted when a server reset, and I don't have any pictures of it.)

Thanks for looking at my application!

-Sam

• Baron

Hello there, I just have a few questions I want to ask you. Different lieges might take an interest in your responses.

What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What type of races are you most interested in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

• Commoner

I don't really have a favourite colour. However, if I had to choose, it would be probably be either a dark maroon, a dark green, or a dark purple.

The second question seems a bit speciesist (/s), but I'd have to say that though I do quite like Tolkien's Hobbits, my favourite races are those that have abilities out-of-the ordinary. For example, the Tsizaŋ of my world are a subspecies of humans who are similar to Halflings, but with the ability to change their epigene at will.

From what I understand (of my 3 readings of the charter) is that one begins as a commoner, and through fulfilling various achievements and attaining the approval of one's liege, one can ascend through the ranks.

It's hard to pick a favourite biome, but I like to terraform and build on mountains so my pick is probably Extreme Hills. However, in terms of foliage colour I'd have to say Plains, and I am quite versatile in what terrain I can build in.

My favourite type of wood also varies, with my favourite block palettes combining Spruce, Dark Oak and/or Birch planks, and overall, Spruce wins due to having a nice log texture and colour. However, Acacia can be nice with good resource packs.

I think that's all!

• Baron

Alright, I'm happy with your application. You have my vote! 1/5 vote acquired.

• Baron

I really like your builds that’s a yes from me 2/5.

• Minister Duke

Nice. I really like your lore, and the builds are better than what I can do. I shall give you your first vote. 3/5. Or not

• Baron

I give my vote. 4/5

• Non-Participating Baron

I'll give you my vote, which puts you at 5/5.

• Commoner

Thanks all!

• Baron

After a satisfactory voice interview I am pleased to approve this application

Lieges will now make offers of vassalage within their realm. Please ask any questions you may have and congratulations on being accepted

• Commoner

Thanks!

I should probably note that I'm particularly interested in helping with worldbuilding in both the physical and the lore-wise sense.

• Baron

INVITATION TO JOIN ANAETYR

Hi, welcome to my presentation. I know you have alot of options for realms, so thank you for taking the time to consider mine.

What can I say about Anaetyr,

Well, we've got:

-High Elves
    -2 boats
    -A big ol warehouse
    -Too much stone
    -A cool temple/portal island
    -Lots of plans
    -Neato magic
    -This picture

yes this one

we've also got

-nearly nightly invasions of undead from across the sea of mists, from the mega taiga known as Elat'mun (Which i plan to claim at some point)

other bonuses: Im the Fishlord, and I can grant you iguanas. All members of Anaetyr get a starter pack of 15 iguanas.

I hope to see you around soon, and take your time choosing a realm. Even if its not mine (but choose mine)

• Baron

Dear Samfries,

Congratulations on achieving the required votes and having your application approved!

After careful consideration, I would like to offer you a home within Sucia.

Sucia_Location

Sucia Map

Located in the furthest eastern reaches of Candarion, Sucia was founded by humans several hundred years ago following a period of civil war and conflict between several neighbouring states.

Sucia is mainly glass plains, oak forest and hills, with future expansion seeing us potentially take on Jungle, Swampland, Extreme Hills or Desert

Sucia takes inspiration from several cultures and civilisations, with our build style being predominantly medieval for lower class and common buildings, with upper class structures being Greek/Roman in nature. Our religion is directly inspired by the Nahuatl/Mezo-American deities and mythology.

While I have an overarching idea of how I want certain areas of Sucian society to function, I am still working out the details. If you wish to get involved in the lore of your liege realm from the ground up this would be an excellent opportunity to contribute.

Regardless of who you choose as your liege, I wish you the very best of luck and want to welcome you to the server

• Count

You are invited to join
    Ornthas

When you choose Ornthas, you get:
    An Active liege
    A Feudal government
    Immortal spirit wizards overlords
    and Alcoholic energy drinks

Amenities include:
    Fast travel access
    Villager trading hall
    Beacon quarry
    Many farms

New vassals also recieve:
    5 shulkers
    4 perfect tools
    A set of diamond armor

Here is an imgur album of Ornthasian builds, although I believe Gaius was already able to give you a tour.

• Baron

alt text

WANT TO BE APART OF A SPANISH MEDIEVAL REALM? JOIN AÑORA! (Terrain mostly consist of Extreme Hills).

• Commoner

wow that is one intense invitation.

• Commoner

I've decided to accept @TheValeyard's offer of vassalage.

Users

Topics