New Member Application

• Commoner

Hey everyone, my username is BradenHammond - I'm at 19 year old college student studying Political Science/Russian at Arizona State University (Mountain Standard Time Zone). I've played Minecraft for years and frequently play DnD as well as Anima in my free time.

Character Design: Upon his arrival from a land eastward, Xerces was the owner of a lucrative shipping business, exporting farm goods to private isles in return for gold. As a proprietor of unique and illustrious items, his focus was always on completing his collections, and expanding the business further. His time of wealth and luxury came to a close when his own crew turned on him, non-content with the payment they had originally agreed upon. Forced into hiding by the union's threats, he traveled West to find new opportunity, experiences, and create a new identity - This time with even more ambitious plans in mind.

• Minister Duke

Hello, I love what you have so far for your lore. Do you have any build pictures? Even if you just have to throw something together in creative real quick would be nice. There are also some pretty standard questions that everyone that applies get asked:

What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What type of races are you most interested in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

• Baron

This post is deleted!

• Baron

Love the name Xerces! I'm looking forward to some pics of your builds for sure

• Commoner

@bryson3842
    My favorite colors are Black and Gray if you count those, if not then Mauve. As far as races go, I like amphibian-like races, as well as human races. I think I got a comprehensive idea from looking around the sight on how the server works. I enjoy building in a forest near a body of water, or a jungle near a body of water. Hands down, Dark Oak wood is the best.

• Commoner

@Tsal Thank you! I'll have them uploaded soon lol, I don't really have any on me so I'm making something right now

• Commoner

![alt text](2019-06-26_17.28.59.png image url)

• Commoner

Here is a model build that I made just to give you an idea of how I build. I usually stick to this same block pallet.

• Minister Duke

You have my vote! 1/5

• Baron

I like what you have so far, I do have some questions as to add.

How flexible are you willing to be for lore as well as builds? (i.e use blocks outside of your preferred pallet?)
    What are some inspirations to your build style?
    What are some cultures across history that you find interesting/inspiring?

Looking forward to your responses 🙂

• Commoner

@LawnBoy072

I thoroughly enjoy integrating character backgrounds / lores, as well as interacting with other players from different backgrounds. I'm really flexible with my style, and I'm always shooting to switch the way I build up. I'd have to say that I really like gothic architecture, as well as large Stone builds resembling Markarth from The Elder Scrolls. I really enjoy the medieval period, as well as post-enlightenment in Europe. The golden age of Rome, and the Abbasid Caliphate carry a lot of historical significance as well. 🙂

• Baron

You've got my vote 🙂 2/5

• Baron

you've got a vote from me. 3/5

• Baron

You got my vote! 4/5

• Baron

You have my vote 5/5. You have successfully acquired all of the votes you need. The next step is for you to arrange an interview with the Applications Ministery. PM me, LawnBoy072, or The_Valeyard to arrange an interview.

• Commoner

Part One: "Arrival" - Sylvian Isles Test Lore

From his estimation, the fog that blackened the sandbanks of the Eastern Watch cleared up just before third watch had began. He could tell because the fisherman had always loaded up their tackle around this time - and the first of the crew had just started to come into sight through the grey viel. Resting his head against the rotting, wooden frame of the guardtower, a man by the name of Serin broke the silence between him and his fellow guardsman, Scina.

"Did you hear about Maven? And the Fiendman attack near Z'nire? Sad news, that is."

Scina's half-asleep body jerks to attention as he speaks. "Oh - yea. Horrible what he had to go through - and the Z'nire folk? Gods. Could only imagine how some of them must be feeling."

The two sit in silence for a moment before Scina speaks with a bit softer of a tone, resting his head on the frame to rest: "You've got to wonder where they came from... And the rest of the fiends."

"To think that a few years ago, the thought of being plagued by walking corpses, Shadowmen, and the Other's would have been considered impossible... Things sure do change. And a new empress as well? At the mere age of 20?"

Serin lets a look of exasperation hang from his face, before slowly peering up at Scina for a response. Staring back at him was Scina, asleep on the railing with a stupid look on his face. Rolling his eyes, Serin turns to look out towards the ocean, before catching a glimpse of a fisherman lying face-first on the sandbank.

Thud. A gasp of air is let out as Serin slams into the wood paneling behind him. Clutching his chest, and whining in agony, a pain radiates throughout his body as he looks up at the figure of Scina.

Shaking the cracked, tin bell fervently Scina kneels down before Serin with a look of disbelief plastered on his face. As Serin flails, Scina shakes his head and stares helplessly. Reaching for the bow next to him, he turns to face the conflict brewing below them. A roar of steel and clamoring begins to fill the air as Scina's vision becomes more blurry.

Visions of the capitol Lorane, and the labour festival distort his vision. Children in silk gowns, running with sweetbread, laughing without a care in the world appear before him. The marble towers of the Observatory stand tall in the background, while dragonfire-red wax lanterns light up the desolate night sky. A city at peace, before the conflict. 'You wouldn't be able to recognize it now', he manages to think to himself. Feelings of nostalgia, and warmth take over the last of the vision as his restless body finally comes to slow, steady stop.

Scina's hands quiver as he reaches down to que another arrow. Fumbling with the string and arrow, he glimpses over at the feathered butt of the arrow pointing out of Serin's abdomen. His breathing is frantic, and fills the back of his head - as his ears ring in a piercing tone.

"Drafted to fight a pointless fight. Drafted to fight a pointless fight" he mutters to himself in a monotone voice, cracking more and more with each repetition. "This wouldn't have happened if the Royalists knew how to compromise!", he yells.

Peering down the side of the arrow at the beach below, the bodies of the undead slugged their way out of the water in droves of tens. Once reaching the bank, they picked up speed, charging with a hallowing cry at the reinforced gate a hundred feet or so below him. Men of bone could be seen from the forest separated by a nearby clearing. Their arrows narrowly missing Sciena as he returns his own.

Looking out at a sea of bodies, the feeling of terror began to overtake him. His heart felt as though it would burst from his chest. The bodies of the Feindman had begun to stack upon one another, and soon next wave had managed to make it onto the platform of the fortress. Dispersing like a group of insects, the Fiendman took off in all directions, as some of them dug their nails into the cracking plaster of the guard's tower, and began to hoist themselves up.

Scina's anxiety took over as he missed one then two then three shots at the creatures who scaled the tower underneath him. As the seconds went on, the base of the tower becomes completely engulfed, with a group of Fiendman digging into the tower, slowly exposing the stairway of the complex. Hearing the tumble of cobblestone beneath him, the accompanying sound of sprinting up the stairs freezes him in his tracks.

The slamming began to increase in noise, and Scina dropped the bow before mumbling to himself:

"What did I do to deserve this? What did I do? WHAT DID I DO!?"

The thundering sound of the Fiendman echoed in the chamber before the door slammed open, splintering it into pieces. The decrepit figure gives out a slow moan, exposing it's serrated teeth, before lunging after Scina - Who had preemptively jumped out of the tower before the door could break open.

A hundred feet or so isn't a very long way to fall. Neither was it a fast way to die. But many guardsman would have similar decision - to make the jump instead of stay and fight the Feindman. Watching his body hit the ground after a prolonged cry that began at the top of the tower, Xerces, a draftee field medic, ran to the other end of the corridor to continue assisting with the wounded coming from the onslaught below. This battle would be the first of many, in a war later called 'The Great Culling', which laid the groundwork for what life would be like, living in the Third Era of the Silvyan Isles.

• Baron

After a formal Interview with Zarathustra, I'm happy to announce his approval from the Ministry of Applications. Lieges may now offer vassalage.

• Commoner

@Loric Awesome, thanks!

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 12.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want.

• Baron

Hey Zarathustra- You're welcome to be my vassal in Koh

Koh is in a birch forest with a bunch of winding waterways and mountains- I have a sort of Middle Eastern-esque style to my building and take a lot of inspiration from Venice in my lorebuilding

I've got plenty of tools and a vassal already who is just itching to help with questions- I think it's great that we're only a time zone apart too so we are active in the same general time

Anyway feel free to message me in discord if you'd like me to elaborate or give a tour 😃

Users

Topics