Cato Sicarius's Application

• Commoner

1. IRL about me:
    MC Username: apd435
    Timezone: Pacific Standard/Daylight (I'm in California!)
    I've been playing Minecraft for more than 8 years on and off. I've played on a lot of servers and find that I like the building aspect of Minecraft the most. Because of this, I really like to play in creative mode and build cool things. Recently, I've gotten into the medieval building theme and have started to build castles. I really like to learn about different styles and techniques of building. I have plenty of world-building experience, both physically as in terraforming, and also in creating lore. I was one of the loremasters for a D&D group running a custom homebrewed campaign, so I had to learn a bit about writing worlds.

2. Lore writing skills
    The name is Cato Sicarius. I was born at the toll of the midnight bell on the 21st of May. I was raised in a small village, called Teram, in a land to the far east of here by loving parents. On one fateful night, the flames of war approached my village and threatened to destroy it; a warring lord had begun his invasion.

In the ensueing chaos, our Lord sent for fit men to join his armies and fight for the survival of our kingdom. Being the right age, gender, and physique, I was drafted to join the military. The war lasted for many years, during which I was trained and fought in many battles, driven by my desire to protect my village and dear family. I served dutifully in my lord's cavalry, working my way up the ranks to finally become a captain in the cavalry.

It was only after the war ended that I found out the fate of Teram. In the third month of the war, raids from the barbarian warring lord pillaged towns and villages on the border of our lands. Teram happened to be one of those villages. After I had settled my accounts with the few living people I knew, I packed my belongings and embarked on a journey to the west. (hehe book title reference) I trekked forests, mountains, deserts, and even an ocean to finally reach the realm of Obrexia, where I ended my journey. I now begin my new quest, a quest for power, and quest to protect. A quest to protect the people from my fate.

3. Builds
    Well, I'm sort of new to medieval building, but I'll share one that I made recently.
    2019-06-25_20.30.54.png

• Minister Duke

All of it looks amazing! Do you have any more build pics? Other than that there are a few common questions that are asked:

What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What type of races are you most interested in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

• Commoner

Well, I'm currently working on my second castle build, but its not completed yet 😞 If you want, I can send a WIP picture!

My favorite color is Red!

I would be interested in races such as Elves, Humans, and Aasimar, but I'm open to all.

I believe I hold an adequate understanding of the in-game progression system, though I'm not sure I can say the same for the discord system.

My favorite biome to build in are hilly plains areas, though I would like to try building desert and winter themed castles (Preferably on a mountain).

My favorite type of wood is Spruce wood.

• Commoner

@bryson3842
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/574722725407490058/593648596713472009/2019-06-26_20.46.39.png
    Above is my WIP castle 2, its bigger and hopefully better. It also shows how I plan out my builds.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/574722725407490058/593648648777367555/2019-05-14_21.46.52.png?width=1161&height=683
    Above is my finished Japanese pagoda, inspired by Grian

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/574722725407490058/593648658453495819/2019-05-18_10.37.04.png?width=1161&height=683
    Above is my finished Japanese castle, similarly inspired by Grian's castle, but its not really the same 😛

• Minister Duke

It all looks great! Though the new castle is indeed very WIP ;p. You have my vote! 1/5

• Baron

I like what you have so far, I do have some questions as to add.

How flexible are you willing to be for lore as well as builds?
    What are some inspirations to your build style?
    What are some cultures across history that you find interesting/inspiring?

Looking forward to your responses 🙂

• Baron

Tienes mi voto. 4/10

• Baron

The East Asian inspo is cool- you're competent and seem genuine so 3/5

• Baron

I give you my vote, 4/5.

• Commoner

@LawnBoy072

I'm willing to be flexible in terms of the lore of my builds, especially if I'm part of a vassalage. If something needs to change, then I will change it.

My inspirations stem from real life designs, but also from fellow Minecrafters on technique.

I find, at least in terms of culture, Chinese culture and history to be particularly interesting to me. I also think that the Roman history is inspiring.

• Count

have your last vote. 5/5

• Baron

After a successful interview, APD435 has been approved by the Ministry of Applications. Lieges may now offer their shizzz

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 12.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want.

• Baron

alt text

WANT TO BE APART OF A SPANISH MEDIEVAL REALM? JOIN AÑORA! (Terrain mostly consist of Extreme Hills).

• Baron

I take a lot of inspiration from East Asia and would love your ideas too, piano man. Come join me in Koh! https://imgur.com/a/ZzmjqWK

• Count

alt text

• Baron

INVITATION TO JOIN ANAETYR

Hi, welcome to my presentation. I know you have alot of options for realms, so thank you for taking the time to consider mine.

What can I say about Anaetyr,

Well, we've got:

-High Elves
    -2 boats
    -A big ol warehouse
    -Too much stone
    -A cool temple/portal island
    -Lots of plans
    -Neato magic
    -This picture

yes this one

we've also got

-nearly nightly invasions of undead from across the sea of mists, from the mega taiga known as Elat'mun (Which i plan to claim at some point)

other bonuses: Im the Fishlord, and I can grant you iguanas. All members of Anaetyr get a starter pack of 15 iguanas.

I hope to see you around soon, and take your time choosing a realm. Even if its not mine (but choose mine)

• Baron

Join Kišaevin!

We recently relocated to a new area on the map, which means unlimited possibilities for you! Imagine this, your very own island in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by friendly realms and great sea food.

If you're interested, call Memeo to book your vassal vacation today!

Users

Topics