Euryalee's Application

• Hiya,

My name is Evelyn, I'm a 22 year old college student on break, and I live in southern California.
    My Minecraft username is Euryalee. I've started playing Minecraft in late 2009 where I played with the same server/community for about 2 years. I really enjoy the interior design aspect of Minecraft and my builds tend to be small, cozy, and detail oriented. For my own personal downtime I do typical self care stuff like doing my nails, skincare, etc., because I find it relaxing and because I like the application of chemistry in a way that's tangible and relevant to everyday life. My education is in cosmetic formulation with a specialty in haircare and skincare.

Thanks! 😊

• Baron

Hello there, I just have a few questions I want to ask you. Different lieges might take an interest in your responses.

What is/are your favorite color(s)?
    What type of races are you most interested in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

Also, I would recommend you add some lore! It could be anything! It doesn't have the be the best, it's just for us to see where your skill level is at.

The same thing with builds, maybe provide us with an Imgur album with three or four of your builds? That would be great!

• What is/are your favorite colors(s)?

Army green

What type of races are you most interested in?

High elves and plain elves

Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?

Yeah, it was explained well in the mcservers Reddit build

What's your favorite biome to build in?

The forest

What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

Dark oak

• Baron

I like what you have so far, I do have some questions as to add.

How flexible are you willing to be for lore as well as builds? (i.e use blocks outside of your preferred pallet?)
    What are some inspirations to your build style?
    What are some cultures across history that you find interesting/inspiring?

Looking forward to your responses 🙂

• How flexible are you willing to be for lore as well as builds? (i.e use blocks outside of your preferred pallet?)

100% flexible, although there may be a learning curve I'm always up for a challenge!

What are some inspirations to your build style?

The biome the build is placed in, builds around it, functionality, inherent mechanics of Minecraft (i.e. the lighting system). In terms of aesthetics I'm inspired heavily by historical eras and fantasy genres like Tolkien-like lore.

What are some cultures across history that you find interesting/inspiring?

In real life I draw a lot from scandinavian interior design, but in terms of Minecraft I would say a blend of Nordic regional culture and high fantasy cultures.

• Count

any chance of seeing some build pictures? if you don't have anything on an existing world/server, you can just whip something small up in creative. Just to give an idea of where your skill level is. Skill level won't affect whether you get in or not, so no pressure. We just like to see where you're at.

• Baron

I love that bookstore build you've provided. Well, I might as well get the ball rolling, you have my vote. 1/5 votes acquired.

• Duke

The build is quite good, i am glad you posted that.

I'd like to see some lore though. Maybe something about the bookstore, like; who runs it, who goes to it or osmething along those lines. Writing is a fairly big part of the server so we'd like to see a little. Don't break your back over it, none of us are professional writers.

• Minister Duke

Its a great build, but like Tywen said, a bit of lore is needed. You will have my vote as soon as there is some.

• Character Lore:

Euryalee was born on the 10th of October with tufts of scarlet hair and gleaming viridescent eyes. Her parents were two noble high elves from the land of Lylrenbelle whom wanted nothing but a child in their lives. Euryalee would be both their first and last progeny, for her mother would die shortly after the arduous childbirth. Her father unfortunately never fully recovered from this tragedy - a once genial bullish man slowly morphed into an tyrannical, troubled father. Euryalee found refuge from the lessons on womanhood according to the noble class often by escaping momentarily to play with the local tavern owner's son - usually only to come back filthy and red-cheeked to her father's disdain. Over time, she came to see the tavern owner as a dear friend, he showed her kindness her father never did and shared his love of cooking with the young girl. On her 16th birthday Euryalee finally summoned up the courage to tell her father she wanted to own a tavern someday, just like the one the nearby. Seething and mortified, her father asked her if that is where she had been spending all of her days - Euryalee broke down in tears at her fathers obvious disapproval. This was all the confirmation her father needed.

That night, Euryalee awoke to the smell of smoke. Leaping out of bed and rushing to her bedroom window she saw the tavern ablaze, consumed by a mammoth of flames dancing on the thatched roof. She watched it, there by the windowsill, until the last flicker of fire had died and the chorus of panic and horror from the villagers had gone quiet. The tavern, along with everyone in it, were nothing but rubble and black powdery soot - gradually being carried away by the wind. When she finally could move, she did everything in her power not to run. She dressed quickly, pocketed the few coins she had in her dresser, and hurried towards the stables. Umbra, her black mare was waiting for her there. She rode for two nights and one day, she rode until the snow stopped and life once again began. She rode until she reached a village...

• Baron

I really like your app, I give my vote. 2/5

• Minister Duke

Amazing. 3/5

• Baron

Excellent. 4/5

• Baron

You got my vote 5/5

Congrats! You only now need to have a voice interview with someone from the Applications Ministry! Someone will hit you up on the Discord to find a good time to do so!

• Baron

I give thy approval from the Ministry of Applications. Barons, viscount, or whatever noble entity, offer your vassalage.

• Baron

praise the fishlord

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 12.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want.

I know you are likely to join the Fishlord, but I would still like to offer.

• Count

alt text

• Duke

alt text

I'd like to extend an invitation to Helios, the Dawn Lands." We are a realm who pride ourselves on vivid story telling and cohesive building. The framework of the Realm is such that stories can come from many avenues and a good story is far more important to me than building without purpose. Hopefully the brief information below, and the more detailed information on the Wiki will peak your interest and you will consider Helios in your search for a realm.

Background

Helios is a land shaped by the brutality of its surroundings, and the protection of the Gods. Helians are a strong and dependable people who are tempered by horrors that would break lesser peoples, and often does. The Six Gods of Helios shape every aspect of life for Helian people. Sol the chief, Wenna the Gddess of good and light, Lorna the Goddess of dark and secrets, Alkourie the God of war and violence, Omar the God Nature and death, Zayl the God of magic and knowledge.

Helios as a nation was fractured for generations, besieged on all fronts by monsters and violence. Only in the last century have they come together under one banner again. This unification has seen the lands of Helios prosper and grow as trade became safer and more resources could be shared for the common good. None of this could have been done if not for a group of monster slayers known as the Knights Valiant who are blessed by the gods to be holy warriors. If not for them the horrors of the wilds would still be endlessly ravaging the Helian populace. Even with the renewed strength of the Knight Valiant the wilds of Helios are filled with monsters and other horrors and only the strongest and most resourceful have survived through it all.

Expansion looms on the horizon as the Great Houses of Helios finally become fully connected. What form that expansion will come in is unknown, but like anything to do with the warrior Helians it will involve a fair share of violence.

Amenities

• Beacon Quarry
    • Communal Storage
    • Starting Package of basic tools and armor
    • Writing editing and advice

Your Place in it All

I have always felt that Helios is a framework to tell stories. The grim dark of the land can feed uplifting and terrifying tales. Helios is shaped by it's people, and as such character driven storytelling is something that is paramount. While the general application process has you create a character to plop into a realm, Helios implores you to make a native Helian to explore the world with, rather than an outsider who may supremely struggle with the foreign and brutal landscape. While this isn't required it is something that could help to more easily tell stories within the realm.

Builds. As important as the story telling. The land is sprawling and there are ample opportunities to build both small and large scale projects through out the land. Helios has several counties that each sport a unique, yet unified build style and culture. You can spend time in one or perhaps branch out to many. There is no set path in Helios and the goal is to get you invested in the realm either through builds or storytelling (ideally both) Those who stay with Helios in the long term are afforded large amounts of creative control over many projects both building and story so there is a fair amount of progression to be had.

Ultimately what mark you leave on the realm is yours to decide and I, and the other Helian's will be here to help you realize that mark.

Users

Topics