Creeper Greifing Disabling

• Baron

• Baron

I vote Yay.
    There's an 8 character limit.

• Baron

I vote yay, I'd love to disable creeper block destruction.

• Count

I vote yay.
    Same argument as why we turned off lightning fire spread.

• Baron

I vote Yay, if you want the reasons read the other post or the discord. I'm not going to argue for it any longer, let's just vote.

• Baron

I vote yay. I don't want to have to spam my roofs with flaming sticks!

• Baron

I vote yay.

• Baron

I vote yay because there's no benefit to having creeper explosion damage turned on aside from "maintaining the survival aspect of Minecraft". Collecting resource for buildings does plenty of that already.

• Baron

I vote yay. I don't like lighting up roofs because it takes most of the prettiness out of the build imo and removing creepers allows that. Would this just be creepers though, or also for endermen and the enderdragon? I would be fine getting rid of those two as well because Endermen don't really matter in their block picking role anyway and we could build a wicked cool place to fight the dragon if it can't destroy blocks. I would volunteer for that.

• Baron

I vote Yay. Block damage has no place in this server.

• Duke

I have been a long proponent of removing creeper block damage. My reasons are fairly straight froward.

We are primarily a construction and lore creation server, that being said our major focus is to build, not just some survival house or PVP protection platform like on a normal survival server but to build realistic lore friendly structures in a survival experience. Creeper block damage is an arbitrary destruction of that core tenant. The utter need to light up every inch of a settlement and beyond JUST to avoid wanton and often times unavoidable destruction seems counter to our stated goal.

Removing the block damage would make builds safer, allow for many more stylistic lighting options and further more removes the need to plaster builds with torches. 1000 torches just to avoid creepers quickly becomes an eyesore.

Many creative means to use hidden lighting are often material and build style dependent and that alone can be a hamper to creativity as a cool build may become off the table if the need to use ugly lighting would compromise it.

I think removing this single point of destruction would not cheapen the survival experience but enhance it. Creepers will still kill, zombies will still maim and withers will still destroy, but in that same token no ones creative freedom will be infringed by a need to protect their builds with a carpet of torches.

• Baron

I vote nay, I would vote yay on disabeling enderman griefing

• Baron

I vote yay.

Users

Topics