Melody's application!

• You ask how I got here, eh? Well it is long story. Take a squat at my campfire, and listen.

Life was decent on Aarley, my island home. I was bit of a big deal, too. High mage on the council, had the best woman on the island as my wife, and couple of good sons too. Everything a happy man needs. I was happy with life, it was happy with me. That all changed in an instant though.

I was given a task by the high mages, a seemingly simple liason job. Another island was getting big enough to be deemed as a threat to the council, so I was to go "convert" them. They were a barbaric tribe, barely even making their own social strata, but thanks to my abilities I was able to quickly subvert their leaders. Honestly I still don't know why the council sent me to do a job a journeyman mage could have accomplished. Well at least the original thought.

I spent 3 years there on the island, living with my family as the council's representative. Any that showed a hint of magical prowess were sent back to Aarley to be trained, any others were quickly set into a social rhythm similar to my home. Of course, being what could basically be described as a god among swine was even better for my ego. And for that ego I have paid.

The time eventually came where the council decided that my previously lone power over the tribe was too much for one mage. I only got word of the emergency meeting and my verdict after it was decided. I was to be publicly executed for usurping the council's authority. They spun that I was a tyrant to our otherwise peaceful neigbors. Falsities, of course. Left with no option, I was forced to flee.

Would have fled, if the ports weren't already blockaded. I was captured with my family. They decided to execute them first. I decided to literally rip the magic from my mana conduits, the tattoos that let me focus my powers. With the entire ship obliterated by the rage I felt at losing the only 3 people I loved, I set adrift in a small boat. Where to? Well, you could say here. Maybe further on. Just have to keep going until I can find a new home.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey everyone! My name's Melody! I'm a California girl that loves everything fantasy, plays probably too many tabletop RPG's, and most of all, loves to write! So of course I had to come on over here to Candarion. I'm 22, and have been playing Minecraft on and off for the last 8 years. My favorite authors are Brent Weeks, Brandon Sanderson and H.P. Lovecraft, so expect some high fantasy with a bit of a horror twist!

I have some builds to go with my application too; a small fishing house, the internal build of a rustic bar, and a simple wall design!

https://imgur.com/a/n2K4WiL

I hope to see you all in game soon enough, and I can't wait to get started!

EDIT: I have changed my IGN to match my discord username, so find me as MelodyoftheFae!

• Minister Duke

Hi Melody, here are the common questions usually asked by us to start the application off:

What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What type of races are you most interested in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

The lore looks pretty great! Some people would probably like any extra build pics that you have, but aside from that its looking good so far!

• Baron

I'm just gonna vote yes on your application. As a previous member I'm sure you know how things operate around here.

• Count

What books by Brandon sanderson have you read? A few of my lore concepts are inspired by him. (Specifically, the returned from warbreaker, and something akin to shardplate from stormlight) also, have you read the wheel of time?

Are there any specific themes you want to explore in your lore? (Or expand a little on your ideas for monsters or high magic)

How are you at building castles or other large structures?

I'd love to see any old build pictures you have from before, just to see them.

As far as voting goes, I'm fine giving you your second vote, having been a previous member. I'd still like to hear your answers though.

• Baron

I give you the third vote, but also yes plz answer questions

• Baron

i vote yes, 4/5

• Viscount

You have my vote, 5/5

I like your idea of incorporating horror. I wonder what sort of beasts you will create... I can imagine Eldritch monstrosities.
    H.P Lovecraft y'know... Looking forward to it.

• I appreciate the votes already being in, and I can certainly answer some questions!

From Bryson:
    What is/are your favorite colors(s)? I enjoy a nice rich purple, or maybe a dark forest green the most.

What type of races are you most interested in? Anything with an intriguing history is what sells me. Of course, I'm also a sucker for anything super fantasy related.

Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server? I do! Not only was I present at the founding of Candarion, I was also member of 「THAT PLACE」

What's your favorite biome to build in? I enjoy anywhere with hills and interesting landmarks to build around!

What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft? Really anything but Acacia. Who likes Acacia anyways.

From Alric:

What books by Brandon sanderson have you read? A few of my lore concepts are inspired by him. (Specifically, the returned from warbreaker, and something akin to shardplate from stormlight) also, have you read the wheel of time? I've only read Mistborn and Steelheart at the moment, but if I'm already saying he's at the top of my list based on that you can bet I'll read the rest of those too. And I only ever read the first book of the Wheel of Time... Something to fix.

Are there any specific themes you want to explore in your lore? (Or expand a little on your ideas for monsters or high magic) I am a character centric builder. I love making my characters, figuring out how they tick, and then making them squirm. What this means for lore is I will probably implicate a bit of the magic and monsters, sure, but also probably a spin that "this is happening because of me." As for world lore, I have a couple ideas about Aarley still, which may or may not get fleshed out eventually.

How are you at building castles or other large structures? To be frank, my large builds look quite flat. I have not figured out how to solve multiple dimensions going upward. So anything taller than two stories is not my strongest suit, but I can certainly still learn.

As for some old builds, here's my best attempt at a sizeable castle-style build: https://imgur.com/a/2oXB0Jh
    And a small village I built on a friend's server: https://imgur.com/a/UzM9p
    I can also get my other builds from「THAT PLACE」if you would like.

• Minister Duke

Well, we usually wait to vote until people answered the questions, but it seems they didn't want to wait. But you can have my vote regardless. 6/5. The application ministry should get in touch shortly

• Baron

Congratulations on obtaining all of the required (And more!)

Next stage is to have a short voice interview via discord. Its just a short, informal chat and shouldn't take too long, especially considering you've frequented us before.

I'll message you on discord to arrange this

• Baron

Melody has successfully passed the interview stage and may now entertain liege offers

• Baron

praise the fishlord

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 12.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want. I really liked your app and would love to see you join me.

• Count

alt text

• Well after much deliberating, defuncting, delineating, denying, digressing, and then deliberating even more, I will be accepting Alric's offer to become a vassal in Ornthas! Thank you to everyone that offered though!

Users

Topics