New Member Application: Garun Maisker

• Commoner

Garun Maisker was brought into this world the same as all of his kin, underground in the deep mines of Ursker. The Dwarves of Ursker were a cold and unforgiving people, often leaving their children to fend for themselves at a young age whenever they became too difficult to raise or too troublesome to keep around. This was the case for Garun. Alone and cold Garun learned to survive the dangers of the depths and managed to make it to adulthood by himself. He longed for companionship and camaraderie as he never had found with his own kind.

Garun suddenly awoke one morning (assumed to due lack of sunlight) to water in his hand hug home dripping ever so softly on his forehead. He stood up frustrated with himself, with his home, and with his solitude and decided that today was the day he would make his way to the surface for the first time in his 25 years of living. On this day he began his search for civilization and was ready to explore the newfound world above.

Additional lore information: The Ursker are a completely underground race of Dwarves. Their civilization consists of strong masons and engineers in the majority. The "weak" or defiant are cast out regardless of age and often die due to the lack of food in the depths. Garun was cast out due to him being defiant and asking too many questions about the outside world. Their physical attributes are hearty like other dwarven races with the biggest difference being their pale skin tone. The Ursker have a relatively low population and are extremely hostile to outsiders who happen upon their underground city.

A lot of my world building influences are high fantasy settings such as Lord of the Rings and other pop culture within the genre. I tend to stay towards the medieval side of things as it's my favorite time period in history.

In Minecraft I love building medieval cities and defenses. It is by far my best building style to work with as well as my favorite.

My name is Austin. I'm 23 years old and I am a stay at home dad. My son is 5 and in school so I have plenty of time for Minecraft when I get housework done. I love DnD, video games, and computer building.

My Username is KrispyThicc and my timezone is CT.

Here is a link to the chapel I built for my example! https://imgur.com/a/qlylEeE

• Baron

Hello there, I just have a few questions I want to ask you. Different lieges might take an interest in your responses.

What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What type of races are you most interested in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

• Baron

I’m really intrigued with your exploration of solace and this harsher take on underground society. Your character is like a worm! Build looks solid too.

• Commoner

My favorite colors tend to be darker. I like working with dark oak in minecraft for example, but I like to add a contrasting color to parts of my builds typically blues and yellows.

I find all races that aren't Human to be fascinating. That includes Human subraces as well. But Dwarves have a soft spot in my heart.

My favorite biome would have to be mountains. Unpopular opinion in Minecraft but I think when worked on they can be beautiful.

As far as I understand you become a vassal to a liege and are given tasks to show what you could be used for or what your skills are.

• Baron

Gonna go ahead and give you your first vote. Nice application.

• Minister Duke

I shall give you your second. But the liege vassal system is more mentorship than being given tasks. 2/5

• Commoner

Understood. I like that quite a bit.

• Baron

3/5 from me

• Viscount

Voted 4/5. I have a soft spot for dwarves too. I agree with your statement about all races being superior to humans. Nice app, nice build.

• Baron

Vote 5/5 I think you will be a great fit. Your building looks terrific and your lore certainly passes muster. I can't wait to see your contributions and your flourishing!

• Baron

Alright, all that's left is a voice interview with me or someone else from the applications ministry. Please let us know whenever you're available interview.

• Baron

KrispyThicc has been approved, lieges may now give their offers to this chap.

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 12.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want.

Normal spiel out of the way, I am currently working on a giant dwarven hold and the beginnings of an underdark in Obrexia. I know you like dwarves a great deal, and that happens to coincide greatly with what I have been working on lately, and at the very least I would like to give you a tour of it. I will be asleep soon, but I am more than willing to give you a tour tomorrow, friday or the weekend, whenever you are around.

• Baron

Garun Maisker, I'd like to offer you vassalage in the realm of Aiolia.

Aiolia is a realm of sentient golems and many past mysteries. If you so desire, I have no issue with adding dwarves to the narrative. I'd love to talk more with you through voice or something if you're interested.

Below are images of Salina, the primary port of Aiolia. It lies on the fertile peninsula where all the food is grown to support the mountains.
    https://imgur.com/2qrVcp7

Additional Amenities:

• Starter pack of a perfect silk touch pickaxe, an unbreaking 3 mending elytra, three shulker boxes, anything iron you want, and an aiolian banner.

• Access to a crop farm and nether wart farm, as well as a beacon quarry (I look to expand this greatly in the near future

• Baron

alt text

• Duke

alt text
    Thank you for your interest in Helios, the Dawn Lands." We are a realm who pride ourselves on vivid story telling and cohesive building. The framework of the Realm is such that stories can come from many avenues and a good story is far more important to me than building without purpose. Hopefully the brief information below, and the more detailed information on the Wiki will peak your interest and you will consider Helios in your search for a realm.

alt text

Background
    Helios is a land shaped by the brutality of its surroundings, and the protection of the Gods. Helians are a strong and dependable people who are tempered by horrors that would break lesser peoples, and often does. The Six Gods of Helios shape every aspect of life for Helian people. Sol the chief, Wenna the Gddess of good and light, Lorna the Goddess of dark and secrets, Alkourie the God of war and violence, Omar the God Nature and death, Zayl the God of magic and knowledge.

Helios as a nation was fractured for generations, besieged on all fronts by monsters and violence. Only in the last century have they come together under one banner again. This unification has seen the lands of Helios prosper and grow as trade became safer and more resources could be shared for the common good. None of this could have been done if not for a group of monster slayers known as the Knights Valiant who are blessed by the gods to be holy warriors. If not for them the horrors of the wilds would still be endlessly ravaging the Helian populace. Even with the renewed strength of the Knight Valiant the wilds of Helios are filled with monsters and other horrors and only the strongest and most resourceful have survived through it all.

Expansion looms on the horizon as the Great Houses of Helios finally become fully connected. What form that expansion will come in is unknown, but like anything to do with the warrior Helians it will involve a fair share of violence.

Amenities

• Beacon Quarry
    • Communal Storage
    • Starting Package of basic tools and armor
    • Writing editing and advice

Your Place in it All
    I have always felt that Helios is a framework to tell stories. The grim dark of the land can feed uplifting and terrifying tales. Helios is shaped by it's people, and as such character driven storytelling is something that is paramount. While the general application process has you create a character to plop into a realm, Helios implores you to make a native Helian to explore the world with, rather than an outsider who may supremely struggle with the foreign and brutal landscape. While this isn't required it is something that could help to more easily tell stories within the realm.

Builds. As important as the story telling. The land is sprawling and there are ample opportunities to build both small and large scale projects through out the land. Helios has several counties that each sport a unique, yet unified build style and culture. You can spend time in one or perhaps branch out to many. There is no set path in Helios and the goal is to get you invested in the realm either through builds or storytelling (ideally both) Those who stay with Helios in the long term are afforded large amounts of creative control over many projects both building and story so there is a fair amount of progression to be had.

Ultimately what mark you leave on the realm is yours to decide and I, and the other Helian's will be here to help you realize that mark.

• Baron

I'll try to write a better offer later, but I'd like to invite you to join my small, as-of-yet-unnamed realm that is kinda like discount Helios mixed wiith some whatever.
    Lots of room for new ideas.

• Baron

You're invited to join Kišaevin with myself and Val. We have two settlements going right now, that aren't too big. We also have a creeper farm and flowers for days. What we don't have in builds, we make up for in building and lore freedom and flexibility. We also think we're pretty funny, so we've got that going for us. If you'd like to see Kišaevin, contact myself or Val on discord and we'll arrange something.

A screenshot of my settlement so far.
    alt text

• Commoner

First I'd like to thank everyone for their kind offers. I spent my time with tours and exploring on my own and this world you've all built is absolutely amazing. All of you are extremely skilled and I am excited to be able to add my builds to this place, I only hope that I can live up to the fantastic world around me.

With that said I have made my final decision to join Elias in his new realm once his claim goes through. It was a tough choice but I feel like this is the best fit for me and my abilities.

Thank you all again and I look forward to seeing more of what you all create!

Users

Topics