Definition of a player realm

• Count

A question came to me yesterday on whether elias could offer vassalage as a realm leader, as he is currently in the process of starting his realm, Ostaria, or whether I would have to initially offer vassalage in Ornthas until they could move out.

The Valeyard and I have found a solution in that if he wants to go with elias, Krispy can wait two weeks to officially pick a liege, so elias' land claim can go through, and Krispy can just bum it in ornthas with elias until then.

But before we came to that solution, I was looking through the charter for relevant info, and found that we never defined a player realm, only Npc realms.

So i'm thinking we add definitions to both player and npc realms to the definition sections, as well as the process for founding a player realm to the land claim section, as that is where the npc realm founding guidelines are.

Here is my first draft of the charter amendments.
    The most contentious things I will bold, and may require extra community discussion.

1. Definitions:

(New)Player realm:
    A player realm is a legally protected area of land owned by a single player of noble rank, known as the realm leader. The realm leader has the final say on all activity within the realm, as well as all lore written about the realm. A noble member may only own one player realm.
    Player realms may only be relinquished by becoming Withdrawn, or through a legal motion, providing minimal changes have been made to the claimed area, or it is being turned over to another Noble member who does not currently own a player realm.

(New)Npc realm:
    Npc realms (both public and private) are legally protected areas of land that are created by either two or more members of viscount rank (public) or one member of count or higher rank (private). The creator(s) of the npc realm are considered the realm leader(s) and have the final say on all activity within the realm, as well as all lore written about the realm. A noble member of the appropriate rank may own or participate in as many npc realms as they like.

9.land claims

(Changes)"B. To be considered a valid land claim and in order to achieve formal recognition as a territory under the control of a realm, the claim must be posted in the Land Claims subforum by a Noble of the claiming realm. For expansion claims, the land claim must either share a border on land, or be located on a body of water that the previous borders have a presence on, within reasonable distance"

(New)F. Player realms may be founded by a Noble member who does not currently have, or has relinquished control of their previous player realm. The realm will be officially created once the initial land claim has succeeded.

[Shift current sections f-h down by 1 letter)

Regarding 2.definitions-player realms:
    I did specify needing to do a legal motion to abandon (or move realms) going forward, like memo, aron, and lawn have previously done. They did not specifically have a vote, but they all checked with the community as a whole and I felt a vote just kind of formalized it under the legal process we already have written. The second half is to address if a liege ever wanted to give their realm to a noble vassal, similar to how withdrawing works, without the year of activity.

Regarding 9f: player realms:
    the alternative version would be that the realm is officially created when the land claim is posted, allowing the prospective realm leader to offer vassalage to applicants while waiting for the land claim to go through.
    It's my personal opinion as a member that the realm should be created when they officially get the protected land, but opinions may differ.

That's all I got. Please discuss.

• Minister Duke

I would say that a realm should only be considered created when the land claim goes through, and to use the stop gap policy until it does.

• Baron

I am in agreement with Bryson. A realm should only be considered created when the claim goes through, otherwise, it is a nonexistent entity that has no physical attachment to the server. As such, use the stopgap policy.

Users

Topics