Death And Replacement of Insidious and Ugly Sands (D.A.R.I.U.S.)

• Viscount

It has been some time since I put off work on some gardens. I had gorgeous plans, but felt very discouraged. Why? Because of beaches. The hue of leaf blocks is altered when entering a beach biome, drastically putting off the look of my designs. I have terraformed the entirety of my land, but that does not change that the biome is naturally a beach.

I imagine I am not the only one experiencing biome shift issues, and so I propose D.A.R.I.U.S.
    alt text

What I am proposing the function of D.A.R.I.U.S to be is thus:

If you are suffering from biome shift issues, namely from beaches and their insidious sands, you may put in a request to administration to alter the biome in a given chunk. The biome should be disguised and terraformed. Example, if you are trying to change a beach into a different biome to avoid color shift, make sure that beach no longer looks like a beach.

Other biomes may apply too, such as to alter the hue of waters.

Thank you for your time, and please support D.A.R.I.U.S.

disclaimer: the Biracial Tree will not be harmed by this proposal.

• Count

This is a great idea for those of us working around beaches.

• Baron

I like the idea! I would talk to Loric about his work on John Smith since he's trying to fix the coloration that way too. I do understand the need for a more permanent change though. Not everyone will use JS.

• Baron

That's a good idea, and the implementation of it is easy too from an admin perspective.

• Viscount

@Kalo Right. My look at the JS pack is that if he changes all coloration to look the same, then what about those who WANT it to look different? And if he changes them to be more similar, but still different... well, still the need for the biome change for those who do want it all the same color 🙂

Users

Topics