New Member Application: Perihelion47

• Esquire

Greetings Lords and Ladies of Candarion,

My name is Natha Perihelion, 47th of the Perihelion name. I hail from the once great Thalorian Empire of which my family was one of the founding families.

For many generations, my ancestors served the High Empress as Ministers of Architecture and Infrastructure. We also became known as distinguished defenders of the Empire due to our military prowess in many conflicts when invaders, such as the Ral'Vagor Horde from the East, sought to ravage our cities, or when we conquered new lands for the empire. My parents wished for me to greatly improve our family’s knowledge and skill, so I was sent to travel the world to learn new architecture, building methods, and improved infrastructure for the Empire. Once I returned and began to put this new wondrous knowledge to use, the empire began to prosper even more. However, after 47 generations, doom finally took hold from within the empire.

A once loyal friend and peer in the Imperial Counsel of Ministers, Estago, became jealous of my family, and particularly myself, and plotted for our demise. Over the next two years, He took advantage of our family’s sense of justice and had my father convinced that a prominent member of the minister’s counsel was guilty of corruption. He planted proof where none should have been and led my father to openly accuse the innocent minister. Once my father was proven wrong, he was accused of trying to remove competition and was summarily executed due to the severity of the accusation he had been fooled into making.

With my family’s honour greatly tarnished, and our words shunned, we were helpless when Estago’s ambition for greater power brought civil war to our kingdom. Through Estago’s deceit, he deceived the High Empress into believing Estago to be loyal while believing that my family had sown the seeds of war as revenge for my father. I was not in the Imperial City when the order was made, but I saw it when I and a few loyal men snuck in to attempt a rescue of my family. They had been hung. All of my family, loyal retainers, and loyal servants had been hung from the palace walls. My men and I barely escaped the city with my life as we were spotted.

We gathered those who still were loyal to my family and fled to the Western Oceans. Not a year later, the Imperial city was seized and utterly razed by the Ral’Vagor Horde. They broke the defence due to poor maintenance in the lesser gates and the ceremonial gate. None survived the invasion, not even Estago.

I and my people are now the last survivors of the once great Thalorian Empire, and we have come to Candarion with the hopes of rebuilding here; after so many years of wandering, a place to finally call home.

Hello,
    My name is Nathanael. I'm a 22 year old political sciences student and I live in Canada (PST).

I have a bit of experience in world building. I have written poems and a couple of short stories like the one in this application. I mainly take my inspiration from historical events, modern events around me, or events that have happened to me personally.

I've been playing Minecraft pretty consistently since 1.0 came out. I played on a school Minecraft server where I was known for having very organized builds and many of them being historically based. I never really had a set building style because the server was never set in one style. I can build in Japanese, Chinese, Norse, Medieval European, Meso-American, Roman/Greek, and Fantasy styles. Whatever I'm not familiar with in building, I will research it and build my closest adaptation to it in game. Large builds (castles, towers, churches/temples, great halls, etc.), walls, and other infrastructure builds are my favorite things to build, but I can do other builds as well.

Here are some pictures of builds I have done over the years. I apologize if the angles are not the best. most of these were on that school server and I have no access to them anymore.

https://imgur.com/YGuGtQe
    https://imgur.com/J73pG9W
    https://imgur.com/v9BWFjp
    https://imgur.com/LevPjCy
    https://imgur.com/oeOwlSi
    https://imgur.com/RRgHGzJ
    https://imgur.com/KJclv2W
    https://imgur.com/P46YVKi
    https://imgur.com/1QMgkhv
    https://imgur.com/uK14CE1
    https://imgur.com/JD6F9FH
    https://imgur.com/iHOM06P
    https://imgur.com/rG6WqAw

I also was a member of FyreUK in the last year that they were active.
    I was a part of the build teams for the following builds:
    Land of Akane, Elven Port 2.0, Remnant, Battle for Lothern, the Block-By-Block Charity Builds, 2013 and 2014 Christmas Specials, MoMA Keep, and The Grand Train Station.

Thank you for reading my application and I look forward to hearing back with any questions. Have a great day!

Perihelion47

• Minister Duke

Hello, here are a few of the usual questions:
    What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What type of races are you most interested in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

These are just the usual questions asked, but this is an amazing application. Are you on the discord as well? You have my vote. 1/5

• Baron

2/5
    If accepted you must join me because I need you. xD
    Excellent app and definitely hit up the discord if you haven't yet.

• Baron

Send it. 3/5

• Baron

Fellow Canadian and a great app? Count me in! 4/5

• Esquire

@bryson3842
    Hello Bryson
    My favorite colours are Royal Purple and Sunrise Orange.

I'm interested in Humans, Wood Elves and High Elves and races like Skyrim's Redguard and Khajit. But human is my preferred race.

I think I understand it. Basically I become part of a kingdom/region of Candarion, I build a settlement in that area that fits the lore/style of the kingdom/region, and the number of buildings and how flushed out the settlement and its lore becomes determines my rank.

My favorite biome is Desert with a river/oasis/ocean. However just because it's my favorite doesn't mean I don't like building in other biomes. Snowy plains/mountains with a river or on a coast, plains with rolling hills and a river are two other amazing biomes I can work with.

As for wood types, that hard for me to answer because I use diferent woods depending on the build and biome that I'm working in.
    Desert biomes would likely have Oak planks and Acacia logs.
    Plains would likely have Oak and Birch logs/planks but I have successfully used all wood types in a plains biome.
    Snowy biomes would be Spruce and Dark Oak logs/planks.
    For just cold taiga biomes with no snow, I would use spruce logs/planks and Dark Oak planks.

If you have any more question I'm happy to answer them.
    Perihelion47

• Baron

Cool stuff, you’ve clearly built in MC before and seem like a good fit! 5/5

• Baron

Excellent application!

• Baron

Hot damn! This is an amazing application, dude! You're going to do great things on this server, I'm sure.

• Baron

alt text

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 13.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want.

You have an amazing application and I would love to work with you.

• Baron

alt text

In distant Sogadar of the mountains and dunes lies a world trapped in time and itself. Where the sun rises upon the lavish courts and gardens of Emperors and sets behind the dying whinny of a lone horse and its rider upon the wastes. Where the world ends where Sogadar ends. In this untamed land of saffron and carrion; of aspiring warlords and forgotten kings; men have loved and fought; lived and died; and found the beauty and pain in their short-lives beneath the ever-present light of the waning sun.

Sogadar is a realm based on Orientalism - where warlords roam, crumbling ruins dot the land, and mystics and their poems wander the lands for alms. If you are interested in culture, religion, and poetry, this might just be the place for you!

I'm in GMT +0 and quite active on the discord, so you would not have any problem contacting me.

Unfortunately, I might not have as much amenities to offer as the other lords, but will provide you with a horse, horse armour, and a full set of iron armour and tools for you to start off with.

As everyone has said, amazing application! Looking forward to seeing you in game.

• Baron

I don't have a fancy formal offer to give you, but I'd like to extend an invitation to join my new realm Domoutso. There isn't much yet, but I have some articles on the wiki and a few concept builds I can show you. If the idea is interesting to you we can discuss more in PMs on discord.

• Duke

alt text

Thank you for your interest in Helios, the Dawn Lands." We are a realm who pride ourselves on vivid story telling and cohesive building. The framework of the Realm is such that stories can come from many avenues and a good story is far more important to me than building without purpose. Hopefully the brief information below, and the more detailed information on the Wiki will peak your interest and you will consider Helios in your search for a realm.

alt text

Background

Helios is a land shaped by the brutality of its surroundings, and the protection of the Gods. Helians are a strong and dependable people who are tempered by horrors that would break lesser peoples, and often does. The Six Gods of Helios shape every aspect of life for Helian people. Sol the chief, Wenna the Gddess of good and light, Lorna the Goddess of dark and secrets, Alkourie the God of war and violence, Omar the God Nature and death, Zayl the God of magic and knowledge.

Helios as a nation was fractured for generations, besieged on all fronts by monsters and violence. Only in the last century have they come together under one banner again. This unification has seen the lands of Helios prosper and grow as trade became safer and more resources could be shared for the common good. None of this could have been done if not for a group of monster slayers known as the Knights Valiant who are blessed by the gods to be holy warriors. If not for them the horrors of the wilds would still be endlessly ravaging the Helian populace. Even with the renewed strength of the Knight Valiant the wilds of Helios are filled with monsters and other horrors and only the strongest and most resourceful have survived through it all.

Expansion looms on the horizon as the Great Houses of Helios finally become fully connected. What form that expansion will come in is unknown, but like anything to do with the warrior Helians it will involve a fair share of violence.

Amenities

• Beacon Quarry
    • Communal Storage
    • Starting Package of basic tools and armor
    • Writing editing and advice

Your Place in it All

I have always felt that Helios is a framework to tell stories. The grim dark of the land can feed uplifting and terrifying tales. Helios is shaped by it's people, and as such character driven storytelling is something that is paramount. While the general application process has you create a character to plop into a realm, Helios implores you to make a native Helian to explore the world with, rather than an outsider who may supremely struggle with the foreign and brutal landscape. While this isn't required it is something that could help to more easily tell stories within the realm.

Builds. As important as the story telling. The land is sprawling and there are ample opportunities to build both small and large scale projects through out the land. Helios has several counties that each sport a unique, yet unified build style and culture. You can spend time in one or perhaps branch out to many. There is no set path in Helios and the goal is to get you invested in the realm either through builds or storytelling (ideally both) Those who stay with Helios in the long term are afforded large amounts of creative control over many projects both building and story so there is a fair amount of progression to be had.

Ultimately what mark you leave on the realm is yours to decide and I, and the other Helian's will be here to help you realize that mark.

• Baron

Like Kalo, I don't have a fancy invite handy. Nevertheless, I'd like to invite you to join me in Kaligos, the Darklands.
    The realm is fairly new, but I do already have a couple larger scale builds in mind.
    Kaligos is a land of darkness, monsters, and magic located in the northwestern part of the known world.
    It will be a mixing of the local 'forest people' culture and Helian settlers (from Helios, another player realm and our current closest neighbor).

Feel free to message me on Discord in you have questions!
    Edit: I see Helios slid in an offer right above me. If you like the idea of Helios but want a slightly different take on it, I might be your guy 😛

• Baron

alt text

• Viscount

alt text
    I would love to offer to you vassalage to Ostaria! Ostaria is an empire of six nations, filled to the brim with exciting cultural diversity and divine beings! Join me for an adventure through Ostaria, packed with powerful elder beasts, magical anomalies, a complex divine ladder, and not to mention, bloodthirsty dwarves!

Feel free to ask any questions here or on discord, and I will gladly answer. I am almost always available to give a tour, if you'd so like.

Currently in the process of rewriting the core fundamentals of my realm, certain ideas such as my magic system are being especially revised. Character origins, beastly threats, realm history and more are all on the list. Join me now to help, and have a permanent effect on the future of Ostaria!

I'd love to have you on board! You can also have my other vassal to keep you company while I am away 🙂

Message Darius#6486 on the discord for more 🙂

• Baron

I’d like to invite you to join Koh!

Koh is an east meets west realm based around a Venetian structure and Asiatic aesthetic. I’m a builder first and foremost and would love another enthusiastic builder to bounce ideas off of! Feel free to message me for a tour or some more info if you’re curious, and happy touring.

• Baron

To thee, I deliver a humble invitation to join the realm of Aiolia, a realm of culture, golems, ant-people, and quite a bit of war.

Here thou shalt have access to several farms and a beacon quarry for easy resources, and we're always looking for more friendly faces.

• Baron

I would like to chime in and say that @Iokastos is a very neat dude 😉

Users

Topics