Member Application - Valkatie

• Commoner

Hello Everyone!

My name is Katie; I'm 20 y.o. (I'll be 21 in Jan.!), a full-time college student, part-time retail worker, and avid gamer. I'm also in the EST zone. My gamer tag for Minecraft is Valkatie (My old one was NerdtasticZelda, so that may be found deep in the servers of old, haha) and I've been playing Minecraft for... I do not know how many years, in all honesty. A good guess would be 7 years? 6 years? Something like that. In general, I am a huge fan of the Zelda series (I have been, ever since I was only one year old; if you really want to know the story, just ask!) as well as the Fire Emblem series, so I adore colorful fantasy worlds.

I adore building and creating in Minecraft, but I always refuse to do so in creative (unless I am creating a world for gameplay purposes) because I find it too easy. I like the challenge of creating beautiful builds in survival. Playing with friends and family, I usually became the homemaker instead of PvP'er, as my attention to detail and niche for building became very useful. Unfortunately I do not have a lot of screenshots, as I usually built my grandest builds in survival/anarchy servers where they were either griefed or the servers no longer exist. My computer also broke many years ago so all those screenshots of old builds are gone. If photographs are needed, I'd be happy to spend a few days building smaller examples and demonstrations if needed. I do not mind. 🙂

In terms of world-building, I ADORE anything with lore, stories, characters, etc. I've been writing stories for 9 years now, and I hope to publish one of the two fiction stories I've been writing for a few years now. I adore character creation, and I've been running a personal roleplay thread on a Skyrim forum for a few years now, so I am great with lore-building in groups as well as individually. If you wish to have a few segments of my writing other than the character lore below, just let me know, and I would be happy to provide some examples!

Character and Lore:
    [ Before I start, if this character does not fit in with the lore of Candarion, just let me know! I've read a bit of the lore already, but it is up to your discretion. I would be happy to provide another character, as I adore making them! ]

*Have you ever felt the presence of something greater? Something transcendent, beyond your reach? A purpose unseen? A will perhaps not your own? A connection to something you do not understand?

All are feelings that plague me. I awoke in unfamiliar lands, not recalling my past, or how I came to such a state. Upon my body was a gold necklace, with a single ocean-green stone in the center of the pendant. The pendant itself was a familiar, yet unknown shape and symbol. Upon traveling without a destination, I could hear whispers in my ears. Sleeping at night I could see a divine figure glowing in the darkness, whispering words I could not understand. Awakening in the day left me yearning for a touch of life and the Earth, hoping to feel something that I cannot see.

I wandered far enough to find a old man in an old shack, deep in an unfamiliar wood. He welcomed me in when I was starving and dehydrated. However, as he welcomed me into his home, his eyes fell upon my pendant, and he grew fearful of my presence. It was not a fear of evil, however... it was a fear of power. Much like the fear of holding an expensive delicate glass figurine in one's hand, worried one may drop it. I only heightened his fear as he gazed upon my hand, the pendant's symbol marked upon its surface. He knew something I did not, and his fear only made me nervous.

He let me finish my meal as he packed away a canteen of water and bread in a small satchel. Within the bag he also added an empty journal, quill, and ink. He handed me an over-sized cloak - most likely his - and forced me to wear it. Finally, as he was practically ushering me out the door, he handed me an old-looking book. In a hushed tone, he told me to read it, and to follow my path. I was perplexed, and asked him why he was so weary of my presence, and why he spoke to me in a puzzling manner. With a serious demeanor, he told me that it was for my own safety, as well as everyone else's... that he hoped he was the only one that knew the truth.

It has been a month since then, and I am understanding more and more about my purpose. The voice has told me herself, and I will rebuild what she has lost. What I have lost. She chose me for a reason, and I will forge a new kingdom in her honor, to free the lands and the life living among them; the Goddess of Chaos, has spoken.*

Eilonwy is a female of an elf-like race called the Caelterrians, who were almost wiped out in a land-locked war between the two Gods Khathis (Kay-this), the Goddess of Chaos, and Ordoros (Or-dor-os), the God of Order. Her skin is very similar to humans, as it is a light tan; however, in the sun, it has a light gold-like shimmer to it. This gold shimmer was common with Caelterrians. This elven race had the ears of elves, but their heights are the same as humans, rather than the taller heights of many other elven races. They commonly have colorful eyes, and in Eilonwy's case, she has bright lime-green eyes. Their hair tends to stay in earth-tones, ranging from blacks to browns to blondes to reds. Because of their appearance, they are often mistaken for humans, until their brightly-colored eyes and pointed ears are seen.

The two Gods of her home are supposedly responsible for the creation of her land "Caelterria" (Cael, meaning Sky, and Terr, meaning Earth) and the life upon it. While each God was of Order or Chaos, they were responsible for more than that, but all responsibilities were related to Order or Chaos. The Chaos Goddess Khathis was in charge of Chaos, femininity, the moon, the earth, the heart, and the cycle of life and death. The Order God Ordoros was in charge of Order, masculinity, the sun, the sky, the mind, and the cycle of laws and power.

The tension between Khathis and Ordoros became thicker as the people of Caelterria struggled to choose who to worship. Throughout time, it was meant for both Gods to be worshiped equally; however, political tensions between how the lands should be ruled and how to treat those lands and the people became unavoidable with conflict. People began to choose sides, but Khathis and Ordoros intervened and called for peace to form before a civil war would break free. The people listened, but noticed the Earth and Sky acting strangely with each coming day. It turns out that the Gods began to bicker about the Caelterrians, and even argued about which sides were right. Despite the prayers of the people for the arguing to end, it turned into a full-fledged war between the two Gods, called The War of Earth and Sky. They chose champions and formed armies to fight for them, but all was in vain.

Khathis, trying to catch Ordoros off-guard, reformed the lands of Caelterria in a sly effort to fool his armies. Enraged by her tricks, he called foul play, finding it not orderly to fight in such a chaotic manner. She argued that she fought for the life of the lands, wanting them to be free. He argued that life must be controlled, as freedom had its consequences, much like the wars Caelterrians had among themselves. It was the last straw, and the Gods fought on the land of Caelterria themselves. Unfortunately, due to their power, they destroyed the lands unintentionally, leaving the Caelterrians to flee on ships as Caelterria sank into the sea.

Khathis was ashamed, knowing that Gods meddling in mortal affairs would only harm them, as seen from the destruction. Ordoros too was ashamed, but felt that it was necessary to intervene with mortals in order to protect them. The two were still at odds, and in an act of sacrifice, Khathis used her divine power to seal her and Ordoros in an endless sleep in the sea, to protect the remaining Caelterrians from their war. They would sleep until either Khathis or Ordoros gained the power of their remaining champions to awaken them. While Khathis did not wish for the awakening of the two to occur, she knew that it was inevitable, as Ordoros too wished to protect the mortals from Khathis.

Eilonwy is one of Khathis's surviving champions. Eilonwy was one of the greater champions, known as the Khaons, as they were gifted the blood of Khathis in order to gain some of her power; their brand on their hand would symbolize and prove their power. Ordoros did the same, but those champions were named the Ordons. She was considered royalty among the Caelterrians in favor of Khathis, and she became one of the leaders during The War of Earth and Sky. She ruled over a fraction of Khathis territory, and was considered to be a kind and gentle ruler, despite being a champion and warrior of Khathis. She took her duties very seriously, and would find herself leading troops into battle and helping larger groups as the general tactician.

As the land of Caelterria began to sink, she led as many civilians as she could to the ships before boarding one of the smaller ships herself. However, it was struck by the flying rocks of the destructive land, sinking the ship. Due to Khathis's divine protection, she survived the sinking and washed away into the ocean. With the blood of the Goddess within her, she slept for seven years, at the bottom of the ocean. Finally, her body left the bottom of the ocean and floated towards the shore of an unknown land, and began to travel upriver into it. There she awakened on the side of the river, years after the stories of Caleterria's fall were shared.

While Eilonwy still has no true memory of her past, thanks to the Khathis's whispers and by reading the book she was given, she knows that she is somehow connected to the Chaos Goddess, and is willing to create a new Caleterria in her honor. However, she knows this will be a difficult task, as she has no idea where her brethren are located, as well as how she can achieve such a task. For now, she wanders unknown lands, hoping to find those she lost, and create a new home for the Goddess to smile upon.

I hope everything is okay!
    And sorry for the lengthy lore; I got reallyyyyy into it, and I thought explaining at least some of Eilonwy's backstory would help a bit.
    Of course, I am ready for any questions pertaining to me, Eilonwy, the lore, the server, and etc.! I can't wait to hear all of your responses! 🙂

• Duke

Really enjoyed the read, well done work to showcase what you could bring to the table.

I would suggest getting some build pictures up to, even if its something simple. It just gives people a better idea of the full package.

I am sure others Will greet you with the standard welcome questions fairly soon too.

• Minister Duke

Amazing app! Some build pics would be great, and here are the usual questions:

What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What type of races are you most interested in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

Look forward to seeing your amswers!

• Viscount

I trust that you are a good builder, and don't see a need to wait to see builds. Your lore was incredible, very thought out and well written! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, and I saw a lot of potential. I am more than avid to give you your first vote.

Vote 1/5

Still looking forward to seeing your building talent, though!

• Baron

I will withhold my vote due to the fact that I would like to see some building pics but amazing app so far.

• Baron

Very, very impressive! You'll fit right in, for sure.

• Baron

I normally wait until I see some build pictures to grant a vote, but with your quality of writing I feel I can make an exception.

2/5

Which servers did you used to play on? I've played on some similar type servers in the past.

• Baron

Wow this is a fantastic application. I'll echo a few others in saying I'll hold my vote until I've seen some build pictures.

• Commoner

Hello everyone! Thank you all for your responses and questions! I will be posting a few pictures of some small brainstorm builds I made related to the lore with my character in a moment. Some quick answers to some of your questions:

• My favorite color is turquoise
    • Other than Eilonwy's race of Caelterrian, on the Wiki I find Florina's Children, Helians, the Anaetyne and Toten interesting.
    • I do have a general understanding of the progression of the server; I've read a lot of the informative links as well as the charter. I must admit, I really like the way the server it set up and how roles progress! My only question is how one builds settlements to rank up, when one must be a noble rank to own land? I assume it is to build settlements in another realm for that realm's leader in order to gain ranks?
    • My favorite biome to build in is the regular ol' forest. I find it both nostalgic and aesthetically pleasing. Even better if the forest is near a body of water (i.e. ocean, river, or lake.)
    • My favorite wood in minecraft is definitely oak, but I tend to build with spruce because it is a nice color contrast when I build in a forest (which is usually filled with oak and birch.)
    • I cannot remember the servers names specifically (like I said, the servers are no longer existing) but I remember the majority were strictly vanilla and anarchy, so building grand builds there was really fun despite them being griefed, lol.

And thank you guys so much for those of you who have already voted in favor, as well as those with such lovely comments! (Which is all of you!) Give me just a few moments to organize and start posting a few pictures. Like I said, because I didn't have any screenshots of my prior builds, these were kind of rushed, but I hope you all can see some value in them! ❤

• Commoner

This post is deleted!

• Commoner

Okay I think this will work: (Also, if you want pictures in the day time as well, just let me know!)
    Cottage
    Inside Cottage
    Earth Temple
    Sky Temple
    Khathis Shrine
    Ordoros Shrine

• Baron

My only question is how one builds settlements to rank up, when one must be a noble rank to own land?

You'll start off as a vassal of a noble on the server, and you'll be able to build in their lands. Once you are a noble then you'll be able to claim land for yourself, or stay with your liege and still build with them. It's whatever you prefer.

• Baron

You've got my vote. 3/5

• Minister Duke

I will give you your 4th vote. 4/5 Great pics! And you will start out as a vassal under an existing realm before being able to found your own as a noble. All the builds that you build belong to you, so it isn't like we are exploiting you for free work too much, and as Kalo stated you can stay or found your own realm when you get to Baron.

• Duke

A rare Papa T vote. 5/5

• Baron

After a successful interview I am approving this application!

Lieges may now make offers of vassalage

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 13.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want.

• Viscount

alt text
    I would love to offer to you vassalage to Ostaria! Ostaria is an empire of six nations, filled to the brim with exciting cultural diversity and divine beings! Join me for an adventure through Ostaria, packed with powerful elder beasts, magical anomalies, a complex divine ladder, and not to mention, bloodthirsty dwarves!

Feel free to ask any questions here or on discord, and I will gladly answer. I am almost always available to give a tour, if you'd so like.

Currently in the process of rewriting the core fundamentals of my realm, certain ideas such as my magic system are being especially revised. Character origins, beastly threats, realm history and more are all on the list. Join me now to help, and have a permanent effect on the future of Ostaria!

I'd love to have you on board! You can also have my other vassal to keep you company while I am away 🙂

Message Darius#6486 on the discord for more 🙂

• Baron

alt text

GIF VERSION PLS SEE HERE

• Baron

praise the fishlord

Users

Topics