Contest: A Miraculous Event

• Minister Duke

I would like to see an event in the history of your realm that could be considered a miracle, or something that happened to be similarly wonderous. I would like to see how this changed your realm and how it was dealt with going forward. Such as the curing of a previously thought incurable disease, a sudden victory in a situation thought hopeless, or something of that nature.

The above in bold being the prompt. I would like to see 800 to 1000 words or more. Forum or wiki is fine so long as the link is put on this thread.

What is below is copied from my last contest, including the scoring system as well as the prize system.

I will be scoring these based on:

Grammar
    Creativity
    Length (More so if it doesn't meet minimum length than a maximum)
    I would like all entries to be posted here no later than 11:59 pm EST on January 24th.

I will be posting an entry of my own, but it will of course not be included in the final ranking. Depending on the number of participants I will give out more prizes. Encourage others to enter, since it will mean more prizes for everyone.

If less than five people enter, there will be 3 prizes:

1st Place: 2 Dubs of a reasonable material (Ex: Any type of Wood, Stone, Ask and you will probably get it, just not glowstone or the like); A perfect tool.
    2nd Place: 1 Dub of a reasonable material (Same as above.); A perfect tool.
    3rd Place: A perfect tool and Elytra.
    If more than 5 but less than 10 enter, there will be 5 prizes:

1st Place: 3 Dubs of a reasonable material (Ex: Any type of Wood, Stone, Ask and you will probably get it, just not glowstone or the like); A perfect tool.
    2nd Place: 2 Dub of a reasonable material (Same as above.); A perfect tool.
    3rd Place: 1 Dub of a reasonable material (Same as above.); A perfect tool and Elytra.
    4th Place: Perfect tool and Elytra
    5th Place: Perfect tool
    If more than 10, there will be 7 prizes:

1st Place: 3 Dubs of a reasonable material (Ex: Any type of Wood, Stone, Ask and you will probably get it, just not glowstone or the like); Two perfect tools.
    2nd Place: 2 Dub of a reasonable material (Same as above.); Two perfect tools.
    3rd Place: 1 Dub of a reasonable material (Same as above.); Two perfect tools and Elytra.
    4th Place: Two perfect tools and Elytra
    5th Place: Perfect tool and Elytra
    6th Place: Perfect tool
    7th Place: Perfect Elytra

• Minister Duke

Sebastian brought up a good point, and moving forward the word miraculous is supposed to mean "highly improbable and extraordinary and bringing very welcome consequences" not necessarily divine or supernatural in origin.

• Minister Duke

I have decided to extend the deadline by a month, cause I am going to start being quite busy soon and might not be able to make my own post for this. New Deadline is Feb 21 2020 11:59 pm EST.

• Minister Duke

As there seems to be no interest at this time, I am going to shelf this idea and use it at a later date. Prob lower the reqs too as looking at them now they seem a bit high

Users

Topics