CHARTER FOR CANDARION

• Baron

PLEASE SEE THIS DOCUMENT, VOTE ON IT PLEASE. LETS TRY TO GET IT PASSED BEFORE EVENING ON THE 30TH SO VOTING AND MINISTER BLOCKS CAN START ON MONDAY THE 31ST.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14Y843zZVEHpmDcFqgD8FGxZ26AgFq3LGbQzHsjFLkFc/edit?usp=sharing

• Baron

Sorry, I have one issue with the contents of the Charter and I have to vote no unless it's cleared up.

Section 4.e.iv states that "Anyone who does not cast a vote or formally abstains during this period is considered to have abstained and becomes inactive at the end of the period." This means that, even if you formally abstain, you'll go inactive. Inactivity should not be equated with abstention -- I should be allowed to abstain from a vote without going inactive.

There are also several small typos in the document that should be fixed, listed below:

Section 4.e.ii should say "posted", not "post."

Section 5.e is missing a period at the end of the section.

Section 6.a contains irregular use of periods in the list and should be updated for consistency.

Section 8.e is missing a period at the end of the section.

Section 9.b contains a double space in the paragraph “Following the posting of the claim, a two week period will commence during which time any  Noble can call for a vote against the land claim. If this vote reaches majority of votes, the land claim will be considered invalid and the land will remain unclaimed. If no Nobles propose a vote against the proposed claim, the request for the recognition of the land claim shall stand.”

Section 12 contains irregular use of periods in the list and should be updated for consistency.

• Baron

@beijimon it doesn't mean that, it specifically says if you do not cast a vore or formally abstain, your vote is considered to be an abstention and you go inactive. if you formally abstain you do not go inactive.

ill fix the typos though

• Baron

@Aevirath So then it should say "Anyone who does not cast a vote or formally abstain [rather than abstains] during this period is considered to have abstained and becomes inactive at the end of the period."

The way it's written right now means that if you don't vote, or you formally abstain, you go inactive.

• Baron

ok, ill remove the s

• Baron

@Aevirath Cool. Consider my vote to be a yes, then.

• Baron

the Charter has passed. good job everyone.

• Withdrawn Baron

Posted in Discord but will also do it here, in section 5d the first instance of Monday isn't capitalised.

• Baron

nuke it all

Users

Topics