In Search for Home: MrGrinnan's Application

• Esquire

Character

"Colder than shite out 'ere. I'm tired as shite, hungry as shite, and thirsty at shite. Everythin's shite. Horse'n probably give out soon. Can't be arse to carry the rest of 'n so I'll be leavin' whats I've got left 'ere. Time to find a 'ome. Other's done burnt out from a storm. 'ave a thatched roof they said - didn't say it'd catch fire. No 'ome, no food, no drink, and soon no 'orse. Sounded a man twice mine aged. No bother - I can build wif these 'ands and sew the fields too. Simple man, wantin' a place to call 'ome where I can do as I chooses. Don't be ta needin' no war - talk things out the way we should. Coin is nice but free choice is better. But whose worsh is all that when my stomach is empty and my throat be dry. Solvin' the simple things first - then the big uns.

Liam Coltart grew up in a small village in Obrexia, orphaned at the age of twelve after sickness struck his mother and his father drowned his sorrows in a bottle. He did his best to keep a home and did what he could to make it by for ten solid years. A great storm came through his village and destroyed his home. Finding this time a good opportunity for a new start, he packed what little he could salvage from the fire, used what little coin he had to buy a horse, and set off for a new home.

Personal
    Hi there! My name is Lee (aka MrGrinnan) and I'm 22. I've been playing minecraft since early Alpha (I got excited when they added fence posts). Over my years I've played a lot off and on and even ran servers of my own. I love building and fantasy, so world building allows for a lovely combination of the two. I haven't done much in that regard but I have played on other RP servers before and I LARP in real life so I have experience but not as much as others. As I mentioned - I love building so here are some videos of builds I've done in the past:

Spawn I made for a server I tried to open (other voice is my admin I had)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ-82b3hhTU&t=34s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8m5zR8sdUI

Server I ran for about 8 months
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtkfLiPGZhI&t=203s

PS please feel free to delete this afterwards if it goes in the grey for advertising rules and such - both servers are no longer up though.

• Minister Duke

Hello! Here are some of the usual questions:
    What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What type of races are you most interested in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

Other than that, what made you pick Obrexia for your lore, randomly or did some thinking go into it? Builds aren't too bad either ;p.

• Esquire

Howdy!
    Green or Blue and Gold
    Most likely Obrex (or some other human that resembles European cultures).
    For the most part, yes, but I'd love someone to explain in their terms as well.
    Favorite biome would be a grasslands near a river with a mountain close by - so grasslands near a hills biome.
    Favorite type of wood depends on the theme I'm going for as well as the biome I'm building in. Generally speaking I'd shoot for a basic Oak or Spruce for the main wood.
    Obrexia seemed like a good start - nothing too over the top and character skins could vary fairly decently. As you can see, I'm a better builder than writer but all comes with practice lol

• Minister Duke

Since you included views of your builds and meet all other general requirements, I shall give you your first vote!
    1/5

• Baron

Looking good, 2/5

• Baron

3/5
    Really like the writing actually, so I wouldn't call yourself bad!

• Baron

4/5
    Welcome to the server

• Baron

Ill give you a vote. 5/5

• Baron

I hereby give this application the seal of approval from the Ministry of Applications! Offers may commence.

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 13.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want.

• Baron

Background

Kaligos is a land of darkness and monsters. Founded by a Helian expat, Kaligos is a blending of Helian tradition and culture with the native population of Selk. The Six Gods are present among some former Helians, but a new form of magic has been found and intense study is underway! The Selk practice a lifestyle-religion known as Selkine, which has a heavy emphasis on beast and nature spirits.

Kaligos is still a young realm, but I hope you'll consider joining me!
    I'm also Aron on the discord if you need more info.

Kaligos Offer

• Baron

If you're into the nitty-gritty of what constitutes life, the little guy in the midst of a war, colonies of giant ant creatures, or simply are into the idea of golems, Aiolia has a home for you. We also likely have a home for you no matter what you do. Consider Aiolia, we'd love to have you.

• Baron

alt text

GIF VERSION PLS SEE HERE

• Esquire

@Iokastos would you be available for a tour sometime soon?

• Viscount

alt text
    I would love to offer to you vassalage to Ostaria! Ostaria is an empire of six nations, filled to the brim with exciting cultural diversity and divine beings! Join me for an adventure through Ostaria, packed with powerful elder beasts, magical anomalies, a complex divine ladder, and not to mention, bloodthirsty dwarves!

Feel free to ask any questions here or on discord, and I will gladly answer. I am almost always available to give a tour, if you'd so like.

Currently in the process of rewriting the core fundamentals of my realm, certain ideas such as my magic system are being especially revised. Character origins, beastly threats, realm history and more are all on the list. Join me now to help, and have a permanent effect on the future of Ostaria!

I'd love to have you on board! You can also have my other vassal to keep you company while I am away 🙂

Message Darius#6486 on the discord for more 🙂

• Esquire

"Let's see what Aiolia's like tis time o year. Might be time fer a new adventures."

I have decided to accept the offer from Aiolia! I appreciate all the other offers and look forward to working with everyone in game!

Users

Topics