New member application: TheTrollinski

• Esquire

Hail Brothers and Sisters!

Tis I Jonulus the melodic,
    I hail from the far and storied lands of Blaidenor, a valley carved from the surrounding mountains in times of yore. For thousands of years our civilisation thrived in peace and prosperity, nourished by the good grace and mighty flow of the river Sester. The great river god bestowed upon her children a land fit for kings, and in turn we raised up a white city, a pristine monument to her glory!

I remember the summers spent bathing in the shallows, all the city hiding from the heat in the cool waters. The children of masters and servants playing together, with the music of the lyres and the thick, redolent scent of wine carried on a sweet summer breeze. The old souls sang love ballads, and the young argued and philosophised on the street corners. The gleaming white marble would shimmer as the water ran in well-worn rivulets down the avenues and thoroughfares, to leap once more from the fountains that dotted the plazas and parks.

I know not why the river god turned her back on us. All I know is the rains stopped, and our river slowed from a roar to a trickle, and with the drought came the famine. The sickness. The looting. The murder. The tailspin of a civilisation falling.

I have travelled far, and now I seek a new god to follow, new legends to tell, a new land to nurture and a new home in which to hang my lyre. I would be honoured if you would grant me a place in your lands.

Hi,
    My name is Cameron, I’m 19 years old and I live in the UK (GMT). My Minecraft username is TheTrollinski. I’ve been playing Minecraft since about 2012 and I have experience playing on other servers as well as building in general. I think the world building and lore of the server is fascinating and I would love to be part of the project in whatever way I can.

I love fantasy writing in both poetry and prose, and I am deeply inspired by the works of Tolkein and George R.R. Martin, as well as the general mythology of ancient Greece.

Outside of the game I like to read and write, as well as spend time with my friends.

Here is a good example of my building style:
    https://imgur.com/a/IMWOmv7
    https://imgur.com/a/aLz5olx

I’m happy to take whatever questions you have!

• Minister Duke

Hello! Here are some of the usual questions:
    What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What type of races are you most interested in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

• Baron

@Sir-Jon Hi there! Bryson beat me to the questions

I love the lore! As is standard with new member applications, we would like to see some of your builds in Minecraft, be they creative or survival. You will not in any way be disqualified for builds you may deem unsatisfactory; instead we use the photos you provide in order to observe your personal style and scale. The best thing to do to bolster your application is to provide images of a few of your favorite or proudest builds. I look forward to following up with you!

P.S. Congratulations on your application being topic/post number 666 here on our humble forums!

• Esquire

@bryson3842
    Hi!
    My favourite colour is a dark red/burgundy.
    I am very interested in both the Elvish and Dwarven races.
    I know that you go through this process as well as a voice interview. You then are invited to join a realm on the server as a vassal, and progress by making contributions to building and lore. When you reach a certain rank you can vote, and that's about all I know!
    I love building in extreme hills, rivers and grassland.
    I have a soft spot for spruce.

• Esquire

@Ielis
    I'm stupid and I forgot to put the link on the original post! I have now added it.
    https://imgur.com/a/IMWOmv7

• Baron

@Sir-Jon Very impressive builds! Evidently you have quite the knack on big structures, but is it possible you send us pictures of smaller builds like a house or anything that you can think of?

Otherwise, you can have your first vote 1/5.

• Esquire

@Flushed-Royale
    Thank you!
    Here is a sort-of stables that I built a while ago:
    https://imgur.com/a/aLz5olx

• Viscount

Vote 2/5

• Baron

I'll help you out a bit.

3/5

• Baron

4/5 nice

• Baron

5/5 that’s all the votes

• Minister Duke

Missed the mark a bit to give you a vote but have another anyway. 6/5

• Esquire

@bryson3842
    Thanks! How does the interview process work?

• Baron

Hi @Sir-Jon

Congratulations on receiving the necessary votes.

The next step will involve a short interview over voice chat. Its fairly casual and should take around 15-20 minutes.

Are you signed up to our discord? If not I'd recommend doing so here: https://discordapp.com/invite/E9RaEzp

Once signed up, let us know when you are free in the public hat and myself or one of my deputies will reach out regarding setting up the interview

• Baron

Following a satisfactory interview, I am approving this application.

Congratulations!

Liege offers may now commence

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 13.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want.

• Baron

3SqhUkT.png

In distant Sogadar of the mountains and dunes lies a world trapped in time and itself. Where the sun rises upon the lavish courts and gardens of Emperors and sets behind the dying whinny of a lone horse and its rider upon the wastes. Where the world ends where Sogadar ends. In this untamed land of saffron and carrion; of aspiring warlords and forgotten kings; men have loved and fought; lived and died; and found the beauty and pain in their short-lives beneath the ever-present light of the waning sun.

Sogadar is a realm based on the Bronze Age and Orientalism - where warlords roam, crumbling ruins dot the land, and mystics wander the lands for alms. If you are interested in culture, religion, and poetry, this might just be the place for you!

I'm in GMT +0 and quite active on the discord (I'm Flush), so you would not have any problem contacting me.

Unfortunately, I might not have as much amenities to offer as the other lords, but will provide you with a horse, diamond horse armour, and a full set of iron armour, iron tools, and a perfect diamond pick for you to start off with.

• Baron

Background

Kaligos is a land of darkness and monsters. Founded by a Helian expat, Kaligos is a blending of Helian tradition and culture with the native population of Selk. The Six Gods are present among some former Helians, but a new form of magic has been found and intense study is underway! The Selk practice a lifestyle-religion known as Selkine, which has a heavy emphasis on beast and nature spirits.

Kaligos is still a young realm, but I hope you'll consider joining me!
    I'm also Aron on the discord if you need more info.

Kaligos Offer

• Esquire

@Flushed-Royale
    That sounds interesting! Are there some screencaps so i can get a feel for the building style before I make up my mind? Sorry to be a pain!

• Viscount

alt text
    I would love to offer to you vassalage to Ostaria! Ostaria is an empire of six nations, filled to the brim with exciting cultural diversity and divine beings! Join me for an adventure through Ostaria, packed with powerful elder beasts, magical anomalies, a complex divine ladder, and not to mention, bloodthirsty dwarves!

Feel free to ask any questions here or on discord, and I will gladly answer. I am almost always available to give a tour, if you'd so like.

Currently in the process of rewriting the core fundamentals of my realm, certain ideas such as my magic system are being especially revised. Character origins, beastly threats, realm history and more are all on the list. Join me now to help, and have a permanent effect on the future of Ostaria!

I'd love to have you on board! You can also have my other vassal to keep you company while I am away 🙂

Message Darius#6486 on the discord for more 🙂

Users

Topics