Om Zur's Application

• Baron

People of Candarion,
    I have travelled many months to be before you today. My name is Om Zur, though I've been known by many other names such as freak, runt, or dirt. I'm a dwarf and I come from the otherwise all-human village of Uli Olgum, a small logging community far to the west in the kingdom of Galia. The kingdom of Galia is a small, poor, swampy state with land unsuitable for growing crops and very few other natural resources to make up for it. Uli Olgum was one of the most prosperous villages in the state due to its robust lumber industry, but that isn't saying much, as most people living in the village are on the verge of starvation. I don't know how I came to this village, my earliest memories are of living on the streets of Uli Olgum begging for food. I likely would had died had the master carpenter Yoltar Maylif not taken me in as an apprentice. I worked as Yoltar's apprentice for many years, we mostly made small luxury items such as jewelry boxes and children's toys to sell to the capital, but we also handled what little construction needed to be done in Uli Olgum.
    Yoltar was the closest I've ever been to having a family, he took me in at the age of four, housed me, fed me, gave me clothes, but most importantly he was the only one who treated me with dignity. The humans in the village treated me with contempt when he was alive, but after he passed away they were nothing but cruel to me. Even though I was Yoltar's only apprentice, the people of Uli Olgum were disgusted by the idea of a dwarf owning the carpentry shop, so they burned it to the ground.
    With no family or home and everybody wanting me dead, I felt like now was as good of a time as any to start a new life. I don't know much else about myself, but I've heard tales of dwarves building great cities of stone in the mountains of Candarion. I don't know if the legends I've heard are true or not, but I have nowhere else to go so I humbly ask permission to lend my skills to Candarion.

Hey,
    My name is Sam. I'm 21 and I currently live in California (PST timezone). I'm currently a senior university student but I started playing Minecraft when i was in middleschool in 2011. I've played on many servers, moderated a moderately sized server back in the day and helped run a smaller server started by my friends about a year ago. I don't have too much worldbuilding experience, but it's always something that ive been interested in. I used to make maps, languages, and lore when I was quite a bit younger, but I've never done anyt serious or large scale world building projects. I am getting a minor in linguistics right now, so I'm interested in potentionally working on a conlang on the server.

Here are just a couple builds I did that would fit in the medieval-ish aesthetic of this server.
    https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/istjern-viking-skyrim-inspired-town/
    https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ice-spike-castle/

• Viscount

Hello! Here are some of the usual questions:
    What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What type of races are you most interested in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

• Minister Duke

Hello! Here are some of the usual questions:
    What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What type of races are you most interested in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

Otherwise I really like your lore, and your builds are pretty great as well. I shall give you your first vote, 1/5

• Viscount

Vote 2/5

• Baron

Very nice application and builds. I can give you your vote once you answer the questions : )

• Baron

Color: Orange
    Races: Dwarves. Maybe some orcs too. Maybe also make up some races.
    Progression: yea it seems simple enough
    fav biome: tough one. gonna have to go with mountians this time tho.
    fav type of wood: spruce or oak, depending on the day.

• Baron

Vote 3/5 < 3

• Baron

Vote 4/5, great job

• Baron

I vote in favour 5/5

• Viscount

After a satisfactory interview I am approving Om Zur for entry to Candarion.

Congratulations!

Liege offers may now commence.

• Viscount

alt text
    I would love to offer to you vassalage to Ostaria! Ostaria is an empire of six nations, filled to the brim with exciting cultural diversity and divine beings! Join me for an adventure through Ostaria, packed with powerful elder beasts, magical anomalies, a complex divine ladder, and not to mention, bloodthirsty dwarves!

Feel free to ask any questions here or on discord, and I will gladly answer. I am almost always available to give a tour, if you'd so like.

I'd love to have you on board! You can also have my other vassal to keep you company while I am away 🙂

Message Darius#6486 on the discord for more 🙂

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 13.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want.

• Baron

Hi Sam! I’d like to invite you to join Koh!Koh is an east meets west realm of canals in the forest, we focus on republican ideals and the perfection of the world, feel free to message me for more info or pics! Would also be happy to give a tour 🙂

• Baron

After considering the offers I've decided I'd like to join Ostaria. Where do I begin?

Users

Topics