Resetting Realms

• Baron

Yo so, I sort of wanna look into a system of resetting realms, because currently, I'm not really happy with where my realm is at and I just want a fresh new start. Would the community be open to the possibility of just completely resetting the chunks of where former realms were at and possibly starting over or moving somewhere else?

• Baron

Also sorry for the short proposal, I'm sort of lazy to type up something long and I just wanted to get my point across.

• Baron

As far as I know you can right? Hold on.
    The charter reads:
    e. Relinquishment
    A realm may be relinquished by its realm leader through three methods:
    ● If the realm leader becomes withdrawn (section 12. Inactivity), they automatically
    relinquish control of their realm.
    ● If the realm leader wishes to transfer ownership to another player, they may do so
    through a public declaration, providing the transferee meets the requirements for
    realm ownership.
    ● For any other reason, the realm owner may petition the legislature, and relinquish
    their realm with a successful motion.

All in all I'd say you could absolutely start over somewhere else, resetting the chunks might be more difficult if that's specifically what you want to do.

• Baron

@Iokastos I wanna reset my realm completely, leaving nothing behind. Probably moving somewhere else also.

• Baron

@Loric Gotcha. As long as the admins are willing, I see no reason why not.

• Baron

I see no issue with this. Better to wipe it completely then leave things there.

• Non-Participating Baron

I actually quit like this idea. I’m happy with my location and lore (not that I’ve been doing much with it recently), but I think I could have done a better job with the building so far. A fresh slate would in all likelihood give me the inspiration to get back into gear.

• Baron

I'm not really a fan of resetting portions of the overworld. Potential technical challenges aside, everything built is a part of server history and to me it seems weird to delete it.

• Baron

I dont see any issue with this as of now, but I will defer to the technical portions of this to Aron and Mimo. Not sure how feasible this is in practice..

• Baron

Id rather you abandoned a claim to Anora and started again elsewhere. I dont like deleting parts of the world large scale and feel it sets a precedent

Users

Topics