Regarding Semi-NPC Realms

• Baron

On the previous server, many realms had Semi-NPC realms as part of their lore. This includes the Östron realms, the realm that attacked Helios which I don’t remember the name of, and the realms surrounding Gellaidh, including Corcor, which began to be conquered.

I’m wondering what our stance on this is? Personally, I think it’s a great idea and it gives people a chance to really deepen the lore of their region. It also gives people who settle in remote locations a chance to have some international relations.

That said, it’s pretty easy to abuse this. It gives you the ability to simply create trade routes on a whim and gain access to all manner of rare goods just by saying your Semi-NPC Realm produces them. I imagine the lore ministry could look out for this, but it’s a problem nevertheless. Thoughts?

• Duke

I believe that was originally within the domain of the Lore Minister. With so many realms I think that is a huge responsibility to know in and out the lore of every realm to avoid abuses like this. I am not really sure how going forward we want to maintain this, or if we will still let the Lore Minister take care of it.

• Baron

From what discussion I was a part of about this earlier is that true NPC realms cannot be annexed ever, they are sovereign forever. But these 'semi-NPC realms', I think, would just be land claims that then in lore are separate entities from the realm leader's realm. I do think we should have the restriction that these types of land claims/annexations must directly border the originators realm or be on the same body of water, that way people can't claim too much or annex shit in the middle of nowhere/other side of the map.

• Count

I think what we discussed in voice will work best. NPC realms would be defined as cobuild realms, that will always be npc realms and cannot be annexed.

I would say we define something as pseudo-realms or something similar, to describe the npc realms built by a liege who maintains control over its fate. These would be built inside the main realms borders, and would just be described as independent in the lore.

• Duke

@Annisar said in Regarding Semi-NPC Realms:

I think what we discussed in voice will work best. NPC realms would be defined as cobuild realms, that will always be npc realms and cannot be annexed.

I would say we define something as pseudo-realms or something similar, to describe the npc realms built by a liege who maintains control over its fate. These would be built inside the main realms borders, and would just be described as independent in the lore.

I think that defining the NPC realms as co-builder independent realms is a great idea. I do not like the idea of regulating pseudo-realms (Story realms?) that are really only exist for lore purpose and are wholey within a realms existing land claim.

• Baron

I agree with Teysa.

It’s pretty limiting to have to incorporate those pseudo-realms into your current land borders. I’d prefer them, assuming they don’t have builds (in which case of course they’d need to be inside claimed land), to just exist outside but bordering a realm, close enough so they they can’t meaninfully mess with other people’s realms.

Users

Topics