Adding in a Second Lane for Realm Progression

• Minister Duke

This will add in the following as a Second Lane of Progression, to be appended to progression. This would be voted on in a similar fashion as player progression, but for the first application, realms may apply as to where they feel they should be at, and we will work from there.

alt text

This would also add the following definitions to the Definitions Section in the Charter:

RC - Regional Connection. The number of connections that one could have from a hub.

IC - International Connection. The number of connections that one could have to go internationally, from your hub.

WRC - Within Realm Connections. These would go from the transport hub to other places within the realm, but these locations would only connect to other WRC or the main hub of the realm.

Industries - This identifier outlines the means of production (physical good) that any given settlement outputs. Coal, lumber, wool, wheat, fish, iron, opium, androgyny, etc. Industries are what brings economical value from the individual settlement to the realm as a whole, ideally bringing in growth, wealth and prosperity. Industries would require to have some sort of build to accompany them.

Wonders - This identifier outlines megalithic and truly unique builds that are culturally significant to the realm they are built in. The Cathedral of The Sun and Moon (Aevantyr), The Tree of Omar (Helios), Fort Steinskjold (Linirea) are all examples of Wonders. Wonders would, ideally, have lore posts posted in tandem with the build. For further examples, look to the civilization games where there are things like statues, lighthouses, and libraries that are very culturally significant.

Realm Progression - This lane of progression is for the realm as a sovereign entity. This lane is represented by nine levels of 'influence'. The realm rank is advanced by total amount of builds, industries and its unique builds known as 'Wonders' that reside within the realm's official borders. Requirements, as outlined above, are both build and wonder requirements for each rank progression. Each rank has a benefit that is acquired upon advancement to said rank.

This would change how fast travel works, as it is in concordance with the current bill that Ilhara is working to pass, instead of overland or sea connections, realms would gain a certain amount of possible connections. A regional hub still has to be developed to get RCs, and a realm cannot benefit from ICs until an International Hub is created. This would differ from our current system in that a realm will have to have a main hub, and any additional connections within the realm would change to being a WRC, connecting back to the main hub.

• Viscount

I'm going to vote yes, but I would like a bill to be proposed for the removal of wonders afterward. Tempted to vote no, but I like the rest of the proposal.

• Minister Duke

@Darius You can do so, but most people want them so that is unlikely to pass and I will not be involved in it. A new discussion will have to be started for it and then a vote at least 5 days after that. I want the inclusion of wonders, and I will vote no on their removal.

Users

Topics