Brehd's Application

• Lore
    Lords and Ladies of Candarion,

My name is Raimund Leroux, I come from a long line of goat farmers living in the village of Chèville, just southwest of the capital of Martoise, Lamielle. Tucked away in a verdant valley just northeast of the Déchirét mountain range, our small village is equal parts secluded and idyllic. The farm that I live on(well, lived on) was in my family for generations, passed down from father to son for centuries upon centuries. Farming is all we know, and what we're good at..

My parents adhered ardently to the teachings of Ántouïsme, spending what little time they had outside of the farm praying and worshiping at the village church. As their son it was expected that I would follow in their footsteps, which I was more than happy to do, initially. As a child Ántouïsme played a pivotal role in my development, my life revolved around the religion, was permeated by it in every aspect. However, my family decided to send me to Lamielle for schooling, as my eldest brother would be the one to receive the farm upon my parents' passing, and they wanted me to learn another trade. It was at Lamielle that I was exposed to a more international community comprised of all different races and religions, and where I began to question my faith.

When I came home upon the completion of my schooling, my world view was naturally completely changed. I found myself doubting the teachings of the priests in our village church, and would find every excuse not to attend. My parents noticed that something was amiss and basically forced a confession out of me, at which point they disowned me and forced me out of my childhood home, and told me to never return to the farm.

Now, penniless and without a home, I'm searching for new pastures in which to install myself and start life afresh. I wish to remain a farmer like my ancestors, but am not sure where to turn. Only time will tell where I end up.

About Me
    Hi guys, my name is Adam, and my username is Brehd. I'm 23 years old and from Chicago.
    I've been playing Minecraft since 2012, so I have a fair amount of experience with the game. I enjoy building medieval stuff as well as making timelapses, and recording the occasional Youtube video. Incorporating nature into my builds is very important to me, I like builds that are atmospheric and evoke feelings of coziness.
    Outside of the game, my life is dominated by soccer. I lived in England for a few years growing up, where I initially found my passion for the game. I support West Ham. Other than soccer, I enjoy working out at the gym and reading.

My Past Builds

Thanks for taking the time to read my application, I hope you'll take me into consideration for your server! 🙂
    Adam / Brehd

• Minister Duke

Hello! Excellent lore. Here are some of the standard questions:

What is/are your favorite colors(s)?
    What type of races are you most interested in?
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?
    What's your favorite biome to build in?
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

• Minister Duke

Also, did you pick Martoise for any particular reason? Like do you want to end up a vassal there or are you open to other realms?

• @bryson3842 said in Brehd's Application:

Hello! Excellent lore. Here are some of the standard questions:

What is/are your favorite colors(s)?

My favourite colour is red because I'm strawberry blond irl so red is part of my identity.

What type of races are you most interested in?

Humans, I would like to stick to a more realistic and medieval theme with my builds, so would probably avoid fantasy races such as dwarves and elves if at all possible.

Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server?

Not really, could you elaborate please?

What's your favorite biome to build in?

Plains or forest, I like to go for biomes that give me a nostalgic Beta Minecraft vibe. Also, I find the colour scheme of plains and regular forest to be quite nice.

What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft?

Oak, hands down. Best hue for sure.

Also, did you pick Martoise for any particular reason? Like do you want to end up a vassal there or are you open to other realms?

It just seemed like a good place to start, I'm open to any realm that has a medieval theme really.

• Minister Duke

@Brehd So long as you receive all needed votes, you can ask during the voice interview, but I shall give a brief rundown on the progression system. You need builds and lore to progress in personal ranks, as well as later on needing specialized builds. A build is not something that has a really general definition, but for something like a building to be a build, it needs an exterior as well as a furnished interior. Houses and shops are not the only thing that counts as builds, and what to count is something that can only really be developed as you play, and work with your liege. After the first two non-noble ranks, after the base rank of commoner, is Baron, which is the biggest divide we currently have. Achieving the rank of Baron gives you a vote in our democracy as well as enables you to found your own realm. Currently, achieving Baron and higher ranks give rewards, as well as what was mentioned previously. As to the lore needed, that is something that you will have to work with your liege on. That is also something I should probably explain, after a successful voice interview, realm leaders can offer you to join their realm as a vassal, where you will most likely do most of the work up until the Baron stage. Any build that is within a claimed piece of land can be counted, but most tend to stay in their home area until they get a feel for the server. If you are interested in a realm but they have not offered to you, it is encouraged that you reach out to the leader of the realm to talk to them about it. Another point that should be brought up is that after a successful voice interview you will be allowed onto the server to take tours of potential realms before you have to select one to join. I think that covers most everything, and also probably too much at the same time, but if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

• Minister Duke

I will be giving you your first vote, 1/5

• Prince

I'll throw another Vote your way 2/5

• Viscount

You can have mine too, 3/5

• Baron

You have my vote. 4/5

• Baron

My vote. 5/5

@Brehd So long as you receive all needed votes, you can ask during the voice interview, but I shall give a brief rundown on the progression system. You need builds and lore to progress in personal ranks, as well as later on needing specialized builds. A build is not something that has a really general definition, but for something like a building to be a build, it needs an exterior as well as a furnished interior. Houses and shops are not the only thing that counts as builds, and what to count is something that can only really be developed as you play, and work with your liege. After the first two non-noble ranks, after the base rank of commoner, is Baron, which is the biggest divide we currently have. Achieving the rank of Baron gives you a vote in our democracy as well as enables you to found your own realm. Currently, achieving Baron and higher ranks give rewards, as well as what was mentioned previously. As to the lore needed, that is something that you will have to work with your liege on. That is also something I should probably explain, after a successful voice interview, realm leaders can offer you to join their realm as a vassal, where you will most likely do most of the work up until the Baron stage. Any build that is within a claimed piece of land can be counted, but most tend to stay in their home area until they get a feel for the server. If you are interested in a realm but they have not offered to you, it is encouraged that you reach out to the leader of the realm to talk to them about it. Another point that should be brought up is that after a successful voice interview you will be allowed onto the server to take tours of potential realms before you have to select one to join. I think that covers most everything, and also probably too much at the same time, but if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for the explanation, I don't care too much about ranking up I just want to have fun and build with other people. 🙂

I will be giving you your first vote, 1/5

@ThunderPony said in Brehd's Application:

I'll throw another Vote your way 2/5

@beijimon said in Brehd's Application:

You can have mine too, 3/5

@Loric said in Brehd's Application:

You have my vote. 4/5

@Mimo said in Brehd's Application:

My vote. 5/5

Thank you guys so much!

• Baron

Excellent application! You don't need my vote, so I'll give you a cookie.

🍪

• Viscount

Adam/ Brehd has been accepted to the Realms of Candarion.

Congratulations and welcome!

Liege offers may now commence.

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 13.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want.

• Prince

alt text

Thank you for your interest in Helios, the Dawn Lands." We are a realm who pride ourselves on vivid story telling and cohesive building. The framework of the Realm is such that stories can come from many avenues and a good story is far more important to me than building without purpose. Hopefully the brief information below, and the more detailed information on the Wiki will peak your interest and you will consider Helios in your search for a realm.

alt text

Background

Helios is a land shaped by the brutality of its surroundings, and the protection of the Gods. Helians are a strong and dependable people who are tempered by horrors that would break lesser peoples, and often does. The Six Gods of Helios shape every aspect of life for Helian people. Sol the chief, Wenna the Gddess of good and light, Lorna the Goddess of dark and secrets, Alkourie the God of war and violence, Omar the God Nature and death, Zayl the God of magic and knowledge.

Helios as a nation was fractured for generations, besieged on all fronts by monsters and violence. Only in the last century have they come together under one banner again. This unification has seen the lands of Helios prosper and grow as trade became safer and more resources could be shared for the common good. None of this could have been done if not for a group of monster slayers known as the Knights Valiant who are blessed by the gods to be holy warriors. If not for them the horrors of the wilds would still be endlessly ravaging the Helian populace. Even with the renewed strength of the Knight Valiant the wilds of Helios are filled with monsters and other horrors and only the strongest and most resourceful have survived through it all.

Expansion looms on the horizon as the Great Houses of Helios finally become fully connected. What form that expansion will come in is unknown, but like anything to do with the warrior Helians it will involve a fair share of violence.

Amenities

• Beacon Quarry
    • Communal Storage
    • Starting Package of basic tools and armor
    • Writing editing and advice

Your Place in it All

I have always felt that Helios is a framework to tell stories. The grim dark of the land can feed uplifting and terrifying tales. Helios is shaped by it's people, and as such character driven storytelling is something that is paramount. While the general application process has you create a character to plop into a realm, Helios implores you to make a native Helian to explore the world with, rather than an outsider who may supremely struggle with the foreign and brutal landscape. While this isn't required it is something that could help to more easily tell stories within the realm.

Builds. As important as the story telling. The land is sprawling and there are ample opportunities to build both small and large scale projects through out the land. Helios has several counties that each sport a unique, yet unified build style and culture. You can spend time in one or perhaps branch out to many. There is no set path in Helios and the goal is to get you invested in the realm either through builds or storytelling (ideally both) Those who stay with Helios in the long term are afforded large amounts of creative control over many projects both building and story so there is a fair amount of progression to be had.

Ultimately what mark you leave on the realm is yours to decide and I, and the other Helian's will be here to help you realize that mark.

• Baron

Um I don't have my application offer really prepared yet but I offer you vassalage to Calledonia. Feel free to message me if you want pics of the realm or something.

One thing with my realm: YOU MAY ONLY USE THE EXCALIBUR TEXTURE PACK

• Count

This post is deleted!

• Viscount

alt text
    I would love to offer you vassalage to Ostaria! The Lands of Ostaria are home to many civilizations, filled to the brim with exciting cultural diversity and magical beings! Join me for an adventure through Ostaria, packed with powerful elder beasts, divine trees, terrifying gods of the old world, and not to mention, bloodthirsty dwarves!

Feel free to ask any questions here or on discord, and I will gladly answer. I am almost always available to give a tour, if you'd like.

I'd love to have you on board! You can also have my other vassals to keep you company while I am away 🙂

Message Darius#6486 on the discord for more 🙂

Users

Topics