Vashe's Application

• Good tidings, your majesties, excellencies, and beyond.

You don’t know me, but I have spent a lifetime getting to know the peoples of our world. I’m Vashe Miro, an archaeologist by vocation, a trader by profession, and a Boyar by concession.

By concession, you might ask? That, in fact, is why I come to you today. My family were princes not so long ago – we had a contented populace and a fair amount of riches in lands far up north. We were comfortable, but in those lands being comfortable gets you killed.

My mother, Princess of Szilan, was above petty disputes with her neighbors, and she had an army of skilled diplomats to ensure we kept our position. I, rather than practice martial skills, took charge of her merchant fleet. I made us money, but more importantly I took my ships to the ruins of old and learned new techniques – of farming, masonry, sailing, and more.

During those good years I organized the explorers into a proper order, the Pedlars of Saga. The broad range of knowledge we had acquired allowed our people to prepare for just about any historical eventuality.

A few years ago, though, we had a particularly harsh winter. We thought we were prepared to weather the storm with our newfound harvest schedule and grain storage systems, and we were right. Our people barely got by while those around us starved. Then our neighbors demanded we share our excess stores, and we had nothing left to give. All the diplomats in the world couldn’t convince our starving brethren that we, well-fed and warm by our hearths, still cared for them.

We were attacked. To call it a war would be to give my country too much credit. Within a week, my mother was killed, and my family was forced to relinquish our position as princes. Many still trusted our leadership, though, and the rest of us were allowed to leave. Any food was seized but we kept some of our riches, and we have maintained a lifestyle of traders.

As leader of both the remnants of Szilan and the Pedlars of Saga, I would like to keep the latter simply an extension of the former; I come to you because that is not feasible. We have children and elderly to take care of, and a good chunk of our populace who are not suited for constant travel. I know that I hold no rights in this new land, but I am confident I and my people will prove ourselves useful when given the chance.

Hi! I’m Trevor, I’m 22 and live in EDT time. My Minecraft username is Clemixx.
    I’ve been worldbuilding pretty much my whole life, and I’ve written a few longer stories in the worlds I’ve created, so I’d be really interested in the storytelling elements of this world!
    I’ve had Minecraft for years and recently have been taking building more seriously. I’ve played and built multiplayer with some friends before, but never been on a consistent server. I’ve done a lot of collaborative roleplay, though, too, in the form of D&D and on World of Warcraft.

What is/are your favorite colors(s)? Cyan, red, and white
    What type of races are you most interested in? I always like to explore the dynamics of humanity above all else
    Do you have a general understanding of progression in this server? Yes! I’ve read through a lot of the available material
    What's your favorite biome to build in? I’ve built a bunch in taiga biomes, but I’m not sure I prefer it over something like desert, where I love to add a bunch of bright colors
    What's your favorite type of wood in Minecraft? I tend a lot toward birch – always love some good contrast

Previous Builds
    From my survival world:
    https://imgur.com/a/vCJs6b2

Creative concept builds:
    https://imgur.com/a/EUTSwHZ

• Minister Duke

Well, I was gonna post the questions, but seeing you have already answered them, I would instead like to give you your first vote. 1/5

Excellent lore btw, and your builds are pretty great too!

• Duke

Have a vote 2/5

• Baron

Good lore!
    3/5

• Baron

Nice builds and lore! I think you'll do well here! Vote 4/5 🙂

• Baron

My vote, 5/5

• Duke

@Clemixx has been successfully interviewed and may entertain liege offers.

• Baron

The offer is open to join Domoutso! We have cookies!

• Baron

Background

Kaligos is a land of darkness and monsters. Founded by a Helian expat, Kaligos is a blending of Helian tradition and culture with the native population of Selk. The Six Gods are present among some former Helians, but a new form of magic has been found and intense study is underway! The Selk practice a lifestyle-religion known to outsiders as Selkine, which has a heavy emphasis on beast and nature spirits.

Kaligos is still a young realm, but I hope you'll consider joining me!

Kaligos Offer

• Duke

alt text

Thank you for your interest in Helios, the Dawn Lands." We are a realm who pride ourselves on vivid story telling and cohesive building. The framework of the Realm is such that stories can come from many avenues and a good story is far more important to me than building without purpose. Hopefully the brief information below, and the more detailed information on the Wiki will peak your interest and you will consider Helios in your search for a realm.

alt text

Background

Helios is a land shaped by the brutality of its surroundings, and the protection of the Gods. Helians are a strong and dependable people who are tempered by horrors that would break lesser peoples, and often does. The Six Gods of Helios shape every aspect of life for Helian people. Sol the chief, Wenna the Gddess of good and light, Lorna the Goddess of dark and secrets, Alkourie the God of war and violence, Omar the God Nature and death, Zayl the God of magic and knowledge.

Helios as a nation was fractured for generations, besieged on all fronts by monsters and violence. Only in the last century have they come together under one banner again. This unification has seen the lands of Helios prosper and grow as trade became safer and more resources could be shared for the common good. None of this could have been done if not for a group of monster slayers known as the Knights Valiant who are blessed by the gods to be holy warriors. If not for them the horrors of the wilds would still be endlessly ravaging the Helian populace. Even with the renewed strength of the Knight Valiant the wilds of Helios are filled with monsters and other horrors and only the strongest and most resourceful have survived through it all.

Expansion looms on the horizon as the Great Houses of Helios finally become fully connected. What form that expansion will come in is unknown, but like anything to do with the warrior Helians it will involve a fair share of violence.

Amenities

• Beacon Quarry
    • Communal Storage
    • Starting Package of basic tools and armor
    • Writing editing and advice

Your Place in it All

I have always felt that Helios is a framework to tell stories. The grim dark of the land can feed uplifting and terrifying tales. Helios is shaped by it's people, and as such character driven storytelling is something that is paramount. While the general application process has you create a character to plop into a realm, Helios implores you to make a native Helian to explore the world with, rather than an outsider who may supremely struggle with the foreign and brutal landscape. While this isn't required it is something that could help to more easily tell stories within the realm.

Builds. As important as the story telling. The land is sprawling and there are ample opportunities to build both small and large scale projects through out the land. Helios has several counties that each sport a unique, yet unified build style and culture. You can spend time in one or perhaps branch out to many. There is no set path in Helios and the goal is to get you invested in the realm either through builds or storytelling (ideally both) Those who stay with Helios in the long term are afforded large amounts of creative control over many projects both building and story so there is a fair amount of progression to be had.

Ultimately what mark you leave on the realm is yours to decide and I, and the other Helian's will be here to help you realize that mark.

• Minister Duke

alt text

alt text

alt text

I would like to extend the offer for you to join me in Obrexia, a land of magic and growth in a turbulent time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask on here or discord.

I am in EST but feel free to message me whenever or every minute until I respond, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Some more images can be found here on my imgur.

Join soon and get a free 13.00+ speed horse! Also, I am more than willing to do a tour whenever you want.

Users

Topics